Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#26943 - 08/13/04 09:58 PM Hot, Hot, Hot
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Hi everyone, since i can't write bad words here cause the webmaster will cut my message is difficult to make you understand how angry i am.
Well to the point in the last revision of my coolant system, they broke my radiator, obviously the denied at all, and i do not have any probes to demostrate they did it, so i will have to pay.
My radiator is plastic made so they say it can't be repaired, is this true?
cause it cost around $600 usd, and i do not have this money by now, what can you tell me.

Alex. banghead

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#26944 - 08/13/04 10:15 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
jvojr Offline
Loc: Catskills, NY
I knoww what you mean. Mechanics never take responsibilty for stuff that they break. They always say it was already broken.

Traded in. 2003 GTP. Every option but HUD. New Mods: Wizaired CAI, SLP Headers, Cat, U-bend and Downpipe, 3.2 Modular Pulley, Phase 3 rollers w/OR Pushrods, Larger Belt Tensioner Pulley, Gatorback, AL103's, 180 Degree Stat, DHP
#26945 - 08/13/04 10:48 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Visa, for the unexpected things in life.......
#26946 - 08/16/04 03:56 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
Alex Offline
So, it does not have rapairment?

Alex

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#26947 - 08/16/04 05:30 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I don't believe so.
#26948 - 08/16/04 05:49 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
blown_gp Offline
Loc: Memphis
NOPE
#26949 - 08/17/04 02:54 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
Alex Offline
Not even if it is a small hole???
There is no way to burn a little the plastic and stock another piece of plastic upon the hole???

S...!

Alex cheers

#26950 - 08/17/04 03:01 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
damojo2003 Offline
Loc: Toms River, NJ
http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/products/prod_radiator.htm

If you have to do something....do it right
#26951 - 08/17/04 03:23 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
Alex Offline
Thank you very much damojo,

I'll see if there is disponibility in Mexico, cause the one i saw is the same than this but it cost around $600, here in Mexico. Is a robbery.

Alex cheers cheers

#26952 - 08/17/04 03:33 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
have someone from the states order it and ship it to you man, its no biggie, do you know how to put it in or are you gonna have someone do it for you

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#26953 - 08/17/04 03:39 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
Alex Offline
If i buy it, maybe next month,, someone will install it for me.

And i have a friend in Miami who comes to my wedding in October so...
I think i'll ask him.

Thanks all for your time.

Alex cheers cheers

#26954 - 08/17/04 03:43 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
BlownPrix Offline
Loc: Daytona Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by jvojr:
I knoww what you mean. Mechanics never take responsibilty for stuff that they break. They always say it was already broken.
Dude...don't generalize shit like that. My father owns a shop and we've been in business for 41 years. The few things we've broken we have always fully taken care of out customers. This is how you stay in business, and have so many loyal customers as we do. So do me a favor and don't generalize the entire industry just because of a bad dealing you had with somone.
Thanks,
Brad

2000 GTP Sedan Gold Edition
13.46 @ 104 OLD CAR

2000 Camaro Z28
11.78 @ 122
#26955 - 08/17/04 03:47 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
Alex Offline
Don get mad, is just a way to say that.

And by the way, how could we demonstrate something a mechanic broke?
How do you, in your shop, accept something you did?
Cause our cars are not new, and when we take it to the mechanic usually we have parts that maybe are close to fail, but maybe not.

Regards

Alex cheers

#26956 - 08/18/04 02:11 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
No, mechanics DO take responsibility when something broke as a result of their work. But, many things are in poor condition to begin with and are on the brink of breaking, any service work done could cause it to finally fail. This is not the fault of the technician. I run into this all the time. But, given the past recent posts regarding the particular shop, I wouldn't be surprised if they did have something to do with the radiator breaking. As for repairing the radiator, there's no way that can be done.
#26957 - 08/18/04 02:38 PM Re: Hot, Hot, Hot
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Plastic radiators can be repaired by a shop that knows how to do it right. I seen some repaired and eventually fail do to high temps and pressure. There is a shop here in my town that specializes in plastic radiator repair. My father in law had to have his done in his truck, and no problems for over 2 years now. And a funny thing is....They have a big sign with thei name on it, and underneath it, their "saying" is..."Best Place In Town To Take A Leak!" Pretty funny... I would recommend getting a new one though.

You're gonna wait until your friend comes down in October to do it!!!!??? Bummer...You won't be able to hammer hammer hammer til then.