Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27892 - 02/13/05 12:29 AM Factory wiper problems?
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
I reached into the pouch behind the passenger's seat today and found a letter given to the orignal owners of the car. It was mailed in 2000 and speaks of a factory windshield wiper probelm. My car, being a 97. A friend's GP has them stuck in the up position. Sometimes I have to turn my windshield wipers off and on several times for it to receed to the lowest setting.

Can I still go to a dealer and have them perform this (not for free)?

Also, some guy at a car wash told me our cars side mirrors have factory probelms. Is there any truth to this?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#27893 - 02/13/05 03:26 AM Re: Factory wiper problems?
GTP4LIFE Offline
Loc: Michigan
i dont know about the mirror problem but yes you can still take your car in and get it for FREE!!!
SLP loud mouth exaust, 3" down pipe "no cat", race ready trans, 3.0 quick change pulley (also got a 3.25 an 3.4),1.9 modified rockers with 105 springs, custom throttle body, custom CAI,custom sturt brace, gauge pod with boost an oil pressure,160 stat, limo window tint, reflective rear pontiac logo, sprint lowering springs, 18" giovanna corsica rims. 13.5 on my 18's with street tires.(GETTIN READY FOR A CAM REAL SOON GOT A TEP CAM FOR FREE)
#27894 - 02/14/05 09:37 AM Re: Factory wiper problems?
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
the problem i had with my wiper system and it was out of warranty was my right one, the arm had worn out where it mounted to the post so at when i traveled at high speed with the wipers on high in the rain it would slip and then get tied up with the left one, so you can imagine how much fun that was.

tha place where i took my car to be washed had told me the same thing.this place had the roller type washing system and he said that when the brushes would slapp agaist he mirrors they would break off so he could not let my car go thru unless i signed a waiver.

i went to a place that had the long slender sheets of cloth that "patted " the car and they let it go thru or you could go to a place that uses the "touch-free" method and that should eliminate your worrys. cool
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner