Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31080 - 08/27/06 05:48 PM Climate control problems
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
hey does anybody here know what might be causing my problem with my climate control?

I have the 98 dual controls, and just the other day I noticed that when the blower is blowing, my drivers side vents are blowing warmer air than the passenger side ones. I rarely ever use the dual part, since I am the only one that is ever in it, so I know it's not the fact that it is set warmer than the other side. I noticed it when I got a cool day and didn't use the A/C and my setting was set to 60. I am completely confused at what might be causing it. Hopefully it's not the control unit, cause I have heard they are rather expensive. I need to change out my blower motor, but I can't see how that would have anything to do with it, since all it does is blow air. If anybody has any kind of useful information that might help me fix this, let me know...PLEASE! frown frown frown

(Sorry for the long post)
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#31081 - 08/27/06 09:37 PM Re: Climate control problems
Mr_GTPeanut Offline
Loc: Bardstown, KY
i am having the same problem. drivers side is much warmer than passenger side. it seems to affect the far left vent in the center and the one on the drivers side by the door.
Silver 2000 GTP Coupe, ZZP 3" dp with U Bend delete, ZZP Whisper resonator now resonator delete because that thing fell apart, K&N cone filter, 180 T-stat, drilled/slotted rotors, calipers painted blue and a little touch of blue under the hood
#31082 - 08/27/06 10:50 PM Re: Climate control problems
nickgrandprix Offline
Loc: Stratford Ont
its the Temp Actuator motor mine is doin it too and it is 350.00 can from gm
#31083 - 08/27/06 11:00 PM Re: Climate control problems
fallen angel Offline
Loc: kingston ny
could also be the ac. If the ac is running low, it will blow colder out the passenger vents.
#31084 - 08/28/06 12:00 AM Re: Climate control problems
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

Check out this thread....

http://www.grandprix.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004294;p=0&r=nfx

"Search" is a wonderful tool.... wink

If you have a code let us know, I may be able to steer you in the right direction.

http://pdxcgp.com
#31085 - 08/28/06 12:24 AM Re: Climate control problems
Dementeddj Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:
Hello,

Check out this thread....

http://www.grandprix.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004294;p=0&r=nfx

"Search" is a wonderful tool.... wink

If you have a code let us know, I may be able to steer you in the right direction.
crimpton,

I checked and searched it however, my little "climate dude" is not blinking, and I can't get any kind of response from pushing the buttons. everything operates properly, except for the difference in temps, that's why I am completely confused about this. any ideas?
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#31086 - 08/28/06 01:14 AM Re: Climate control problems
crimpton Offline
You need to follow the instructions on getting into the diagnostics. All CJ2 units are capable. If you have not been successful, you need to keep trying.

If the diagnostics show no problems, the first thing you could try is disconnecting your battery for 30 minutes to reset the PCM.

#31087 - 08/28/06 09:31 AM Re: Climate control problems
Dementeddj Offline
ok, maybe a dumb question, but are all the dual cliamte controls CJ2s? I mean is is possible that GM put a different one in the 98? I know that the display is different from all the other years (mine being green, and Bobby's for ex. is red), and some of the buttons on it are different from others off newer model year cars. just trying to eliminate potential problems, not disputing you or your knowledge, crimpton laugh
#31088 - 08/28/06 02:17 PM Re: Climate control problems
Mr_GTPeanut Offline
thanks for the link, mine is showing 105. i noticed the little man does blink, but i dont think it does it all the time. but it always blows cooler on the passenger side.

crimpton, if you can check that code for me, i would appreciate it.
Silver 2000 GTP Coupe, ZZP 3" dp with U Bend delete, ZZP Whisper resonator now resonator delete because that thing fell apart, K&N cone filter, 180 T-stat, drilled/slotted rotors, calipers painted blue and a little touch of blue under the hood
#31089 - 08/28/06 07:08 PM Re: Climate control problems
Dementeddj Offline
crimpton, I finally got my controls, to give me the diagnostic screen, and no codes whatsoever. I am going to be taking my cowl apart and replacing my blower motor soon, is it possible that maybe something is caught and not letting my actuator doors close properly, or would that throw a code?
#31090 - 08/29/06 10:50 AM Re: Climate control problems
crimpton Offline
05 or 105-----DTC 05 LH air Door Motor Circuit Open or Shorted

I'll send you a diagram on the location.

#31091 - 08/29/06 10:58 AM Re: Climate control problems
Mr_GTPeanut Offline
thanks. that sounds like a fun oneto fix!!!