Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34219 - 01/04/05 12:01 AM Re: anything extra to changing a pcm?
BlackHawkGTP Offline
Loc: San Angelo, Texas
Hey guys, I just changed my old pcm with intense's standard model, and about a day after, it started shifting erratically. I felt like the tranny was slipping, after a bit of driving the service engine light came on. I took it in and they gave me a print out of the code problem. Its either DTC P1811 or P0748 which recomended to replace a pressure control soleniod in the tranny. Has ANYONE EVER had this problem? Im wondering if my tranny is coming to age and needs fixing (arround 6 hundred dollars) or if the PCM if the problem? thanks 4 the info
"The Black Hawk" 97 Grand Prix GTP, Fenderwell intake, K&N Filters, Flowmaster exhaust, oil cooler, Performance Sparkwires, 3.5 pulley, moved coolant tower, u-bend removed, 180 thermo stat, colder plugs
#34220 - 01/04/05 04:58 AM Re: anything extra to changing a pcm?
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
This type of thing happens on modding higher mileage GP's,no doubt the added trans. line pressure of the aftermarket PCM finished your solenoids,I've seen this type of thing time and time again.
#34221 - 01/04/05 08:27 AM Re: anything extra to changing a pcm?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I've been having that problem for about the last 8 months. Shift in and out of high gear at highway cruising speeds when under a slight load.
It's a common problem. I know of a few people with this exact problem. Some have PCM's, and some don't.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2