Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45968 - 07/19/04 10:36 PM Re: Window
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Quote:
Originally posted by why2kmax:
My drivers window takes 5 seconds to go up.

GMPP kit comes with the koni adjustable shocks, stiffer springs (.5" lower) new strut mounts, boots all new hardware, insulators the works. All assembled and ready to install. Just pull the old ones out (5 bolts) and install the new ones far as I know. I wanted better shocks/ but didnt want the car lowered much. Getting KYBs with new mounts and having them installed would run just as much as this kit and this includes springs.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$how much?
#45969 - 07/19/04 11:40 PM Re: Window
Steve Offline
Loc: Akron, Ohio
I had the same "slow window" problem, in fact my express driver down feature would not work as the motor got too hot trying to overcome the window guide friction. I upgraded my stock speakers in the doors and while I was at it I took the liberty to lube the window guides as Adam S. mentioned above. I used Tri-Flow lubricant. Outcome: windows are two seconds faster and the window motors aren't struggling anymore! Well worth it IMHO!!

SLP CAI, DHP, 3.4, 180° stat, Trans cooler, Random Tech DP, Borla cat back, KYB's, bitchin' paperclip mod.
#45970 - 07/20/04 04:01 PM Re: Window
GdGTP Offline
Loc: Omaha, NE
$71.67 for the switch.....hurt...
#45971 - 07/20/04 05:18 PM Re: Window
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by zachd:
Quote:
Originally posted by why2kmax:
[b] My drivers window takes 5 seconds to go up.

GMPP kit comes with the koni adjustable shocks, stiffer springs (.5" lower) new strut mounts, boots all new hardware, insulators the works. All assembled and ready to install. Just pull the old ones out (5 bolts) and install the new ones far as I know. I wanted better shocks/ but didnt want the car lowered much. Getting KYBs with new mounts and having them installed would run just as much as this kit and this includes springs.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$how much? [/b]
Just shy of $900 shipped from either ZZP or GMpartsdirect. Their prices vary by about $100 but ZZP only charges like $20 for shipping where as GMpartsdirect.com charges $120 or something.

I ordered them from my parts guy for about the same ammt. Got to gmpartsdirect.com hit the UPGRADES section, click on GRAND PRIX and then the koni suspension kit. It lists all the parts and part numbers etc.

the key is with it all assembled already, you can install them in your garage saving all the labor which makes up for the extra expense of the springs etc.
#45972 - 07/20/04 05:20 PM Re: Window
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
I had the same "slow window" problem, in fact my express driver down feature would not work as the motor got too hot trying to overcome the window guide friction. I upgraded my stock speakers in the doors and while I was at it I took the liberty to lube the window guides as Adam S. mentioned above. I used Tri-Flow lubricant. Outcome: windows are two seconds faster and the window motors aren't struggling anymore! Well worth it IMHO!!
sounds like a great reason to get new speakers smile