Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50671 - 04/24/05 03:51 PM Fog Light Suggestions
TechMetalMan Offline
Loc: Houston
So my car's lights are pretty bad-need some adjustments on them. I HAVE to drive with Fogs at night or else I can't see. I see ok with the fogs but not ok enough...

So, what are some good, long lasting fog bulbs i can stick in the car for more brightness and more of a spread. I'd like to be able to buy them at a store today, so no mailorder only exclusive stuff.

Right now with my fogs and night lights on, if I am at a three way stop in a neighborhood the lighting goes about halfway into the houses yard across the street (maybe 20 feet I guess). I need more visibility than that. Most cars now on the road I can see their lights in FRONT of me even when they are BEHIND me.

Thanks guys.
#50672 - 04/24/05 06:31 PM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Angel eyes or blazertech 3200s. The GP store caries what your lookin for. Some people like the silver stars in the fog lamps but bulb life is a bit short for a $20 bulb. DO NOT PUT 55 WATT BULBS IN STOCK HOUSINGS you will melt the lense. Also to help with overall headlight improvement I recommend putting the silver stars in your head lamps and make sure your lamps are properly aimed. This helped mine a bit.
#50673 - 04/24/05 07:09 PM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
TechMetalMan Offline
Thanks, well I didn't get any fogs today...but I got Sylvania Cool Blues for the headlamps-a step down from the silverstars. Those decent?

Any tips on aiming them properly? Gonna do that tonight hopefully.
#50674 - 04/24/05 09:52 PM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Don't put S'stars in your fogs... they don't last.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#50675 - 04/24/05 10:03 PM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Get a certain distance from a garage door at night and make any necessary adjustments.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#50676 - 04/25/05 10:39 AM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
Don't put S'stars in your fogs... they don't last.
withstupid No offense Austin. laugh

Better to go with Blazertech or Angel Eyes. I've put S'stars in my fogs are they're crap.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#50677 - 04/25/05 04:50 PM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
TechMetalMan Offline
Yeah, I read up on the S'stars in the fogs.

The Cool Blues made some difference, not tons, but some. May want to change the fogs.

How should they be aimed? Level? Slightly tilted down? Up?
#50678 - 04/25/05 04:54 PM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
James GTP Offline
Loc: Southern Minnesota
Quote:
Originally posted by TechMetalMan:
Thanks, well I didn't get any fogs today...but I got Sylvania Cool Blues for the headlamps-a step down from the silverstars. Those decent?
I had Eurodezigns bulbs in, well one burnt out right away so I had to put the Sylvania ones in for the time being, I noticed quite a difference, eurodezigns were much whiter while the sylvainia's were more yellow. But none the less, better than stock

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee- Mopar PCM, K&N, 3.5" lift, 5.2 v8, true exhaust

1999 GTP-Homemade CAI, DHP, No res/No muffs

2000 GT
DHP pcm, homemade CAI, U-bend/resonator delete, Taylor wires, Clear corners, Altezzas, SS grills, Reflective graphics
#50679 - 04/25/05 07:04 PM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
The silverstar headlights are good. I've had mine in for over a year and they are still workin with no replacements. I wonder why the SS fogs don't last very long.
#50680 - 04/28/05 01:03 AM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
codyne Offline
Loc: 10.3.8
Quote:
Originally posted by James GT00:
Quote:
Originally posted by TechMetalMan:
[b] Thanks, well I didn't get any fogs today...but I got Sylvania Cool Blues for the headlamps-a step down from the silverstars. Those decent?
I had Eurodezigns bulbs in, well one burnt out right away so I had to put the Sylvania ones in for the time being, I noticed quite a difference, eurodezigns were much whiter while the sylvainia's were more yellow. But none the less, better than stock [/b]
you got the euro's on ebay right? I scored some there. Not too bad, not very blue, but much better than the stocks.

2003 Grand Prix se 4 Dr Drk Tropic Teal Metallic
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/839466
#50681 - 04/28/05 08:42 AM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I wonder why the SS fogs don't last very long.
I think it was framos who sent a letter to Sylvania asking what was up with them. They replied somewhere along the lines of "if you use them under normal conditions (during foggy times, not when the headlights are on) they should last 100 hours. This is due to the high performance coating on the bulb which makes them burn a little hotter than normal OEM's. Headlights should last about a year under normal use."

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#50682 - 04/28/05 09:59 AM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
GtCombination Offline
Loc: New York
Simple way to adjust.

Begin by finding a level surface and a vertical garage door or wall. Park the vehicle close to the wall and mark the lights' horizontal centerlines with masking tape.

Next, mark the low beams' vertical centerlines. For better precision, stand behind the car at its center point and, looking through the back window, guide a helper in marking vertical dead center. Marking the vehicle's centerline is also helpful to verify side-to-side alignment.

Park the vehicle on a flat surface 25 feet away from the wall, pointing straight ahead. Use the lights' horizontal- and vertical-adjusting screws to position the low beams' intensity zones two inches below and to the right of the taped centerlines.

Adjustments can normally be made without removing any parts. Turning the top adjusting screw clockwise raises the beam and vice versa. Similarly, the side adjuster moves the beam left and right.

High beams' "zones" should be below the line and vertically centered in relation to the vehicle's centerline (not marked with tape in this example). Here, the right-side high beam needs to come inboard. When in doubt, be courteous and err your aim low and to the right.

" A true REAL mod takes longer than 1 hour to install"
" Dont like it then smile like a donut "
#50683 - 04/28/05 10:56 AM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
[b] I wonder why the SS fogs don't last very long.
I think it was framos who sent a letter to Sylvania asking what was up with them. They replied somewhere along the lines of "if you use them under normal conditions (during foggy times, not when the headlights are on) they should last 100 hours. This is due to the high performance coating on the bulb which makes them burn a little hotter than normal OEM's. Headlights should last about a year under normal use." [/b]
Yup. Basically, a PR bull story.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#50684 - 04/28/05 02:01 PM Re: Fog Light Suggestions
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Perfect example how stock is not bad and aftermarket is not always better.
Stock means a Billion dollar company invested in a design.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.