Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55342 - 02/07/07 12:18 AM Another accident in four months
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I got into a accident in november and the guy left the scene. This time, I was at a red light and a women in a red chrysler sebring coupe hit me real hard as she was turning and hit the left rear door and a lil damage to the front door on the bottom and the side skirt. (I guess if thats what its called)My rear seat is smashed in but its not bad but I'll be able to show everyone pic of the crash because my insurance company nationwide has a thing on the internet where you can watch the progress of your car in the repair shop from day to day. I will be able to post pic within a day or two.

I know red gps are known as a curse but Im starting to think the white gps are curse too.( laugh
#55343 - 02/07/07 12:20 AM Re: Another accident in four months
Dre da GP man Offline
One thing I can say is the pontiac grand prix are real safe cars, I've suffered the worst beating in my car and still no problems with it and I am not injured at all other than my arm keep shaking from the crash.
#55344 - 02/07/07 08:23 AM Re: Another accident in four months
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Sorry to hear about your wreck... again.

About the safety of our cars, in 1998 at the ARCA race at the begining of the year, at Daytona, the pace car was brought out sometime during the race. The first car that the pace car (1998 Grand Prix) was to pick up, ended up slamming into the back of the pace car. The pace car was full, driver plus 3 passengers. All four people walked out of the smashed up pace car while the race car driver in a full framed race car needed medical attention. I still remember "Larry Mc" saying "That right there is a good reason to go out and buy one of those Grand Prix's".

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#55345 - 02/07/07 09:20 AM Re: Another accident in four months
Igor Offline
Loc: Columbia/College Park, MD
Yea, during both of my accidents, I was perfectly ok. Very, very safe cars.
#55346 - 02/07/07 11:17 AM Re: Another accident in four months
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
x2.

My 97 GT was in three wrecks, and no one inside ever got seriously hurt.

The first was when my mom had it, some stupid woman pulled out in front of her and she t-boned her going about 45. Messed up the hood and front on the GP something nasty, but my mom was fine, just shaken.

Second time was me, I got rearended (twice!) by a brand new full size pickup who swore up and down his brakes failed. Even the whiplash ended up not hurting me.

Third time was the real kicker. I took a left unwittingly in front of a ricer Tiburon that didn't have it's lights on at about midnight, she was speeding, didn't have her seatbelt on and was on the phone. Hit me square in the back quarter panel doing probably 50 or more. GP ended up pointing in the opposite direction that I'd meant to be headed, about fifteen feet away. My sister was sitting in the backseat on the side that I got hit; she hit her head on the door, but she got away with a bruise and an explainable fear of pizza delivery drivers.

The Tiburon's airbags went off, cracking the windshield and tearing her front bumper off, one of her headlights was hanging out, etc. I hope I totalled that piece of crap, that girl was a b****. All I had was a crumpled rear bumper (it hit below the quarter panel), and a slightly bent suspension, since the car hit me partways in the wheel well.

GPs are one of the safer cars out there, IMHO. There's a topic on CGP right now, some guy posted pics of his GP after a wreck he had, and it's just a ball of twisted metal; can't even tell it's a GP. You can clearly see the driver's seat and where he was sitting, and that's about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a muffler lodged in the headrest of that poor car.
#55347 - 02/07/07 05:28 PM Re: Another accident in four months
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
x2.

There's a topic on CGP right now, some guy posted pics of his GP after a wreck he had, and it's just a ball of twisted metal; can't even tell it's a GP. You can clearly see the driver's seat and where he was sitting, and that's about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a muffler lodged in the headrest of that poor car.
i saw that... i barely noticed it was a GP, but i saw that there was a torque star
#55348 - 02/07/07 10:04 PM Re: Another accident in four months
white on white gtp Offline
Loc: shelby twp, mi
not to take anything away from the actual safety features of the vehicle, but there is something to be said for being low, wide and heavy...hmm i just realized why i like my car so much, we have a lot in common. frown

just when i think you cant get any dumber...
#55349 - 02/08/07 11:36 PM Re: Another accident in four months
Dre da GP man Offline
Well guys, I took my car in for the estimate and its a little over 4700, how come they couldn't just list it totaled so I can get a gtp. laugh

But I have a rental car and its a Nissan Titan pickup truck, because they did not have no more cars and they gave me this for free with unlimited miles and gas for two weeks, thats how long its going to take to repair the car. I will post pics up soon a possible. IN the meantime Im loving the 5.6 liter titan and man does that truck get up and go.