Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#56646 - 07/11/05 12:41 AM Question about under-drive pulleys.
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
On ZZPerformance's website, they have both water underdrive pulleys and alternator underdrive pulleys.

Is it harmful for either of these? What about both at the same time?

The alternator pulley comes in 14% and 10% underdrive. Would 14% be too much with a water underdrive pulley? Would my battery lose its charge?

I know its a bunch of small questions, but it really would help me out. Thank you guys, yet again. cheers

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#56647 - 07/11/05 04:50 AM Re: Question about under-drive pulleys.
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I think I might be hesitant to use the pulleys on a daily driver car (like what happens if you get stuck in traffic?)...if it were my second car and liked to go dragging or autocrossing, then I might go for it...they power gains are small but together with other mods they cam make a difference at the track...but I'm not certain how feasible they would be for daily street use.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#56648 - 07/11/05 06:24 AM Re: Question about under-drive pulleys.
BonnevilleLover Offline
Loc: Kuwait/Iraq
I had smaller underdrive pulley on my Grand National. I never really noticed the difference in the accessories. My A/C was from the late 80's so it sucked no matter what. As for everything else, I never had an issue. I drove that car as an everyday driver. That was back when gas didn't cost your first born. smile If I still had that car, it would NOT be my everyday driver anymore!
#56649 - 07/11/05 07:39 AM Re: Question about under-drive pulleys.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I would say for a daily driver not worth it. For track use then yes. If you want to free up some hp I would look into an electric water pump.