Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63806 - 06/09/06 08:21 PM 2 Problems
MikesGTP Offline
Loc: Oxford, CT
Need help on 2 issues. First, I am still having trouble with water leaking in. It is hard to tell exactly where it's coming from, but it's the front pass. side right next to the door. I pulled up the carpet and there was standing water. I tried the cowl fix and checked the sunroof drain (working properly). It seems as if it's bypassing the door seal, but the seal is in perfect shape. Any ideas? Next issue. I recently purchased an aeroforce tech scan gauge and wanted to know if anyone else that has one could tell me what circuit they tapped into for the 12V power source. I don't want to splice any wires and I can't seem to find the "Add A Circuit" that they say to use in the directions. Thanks for any help on these matters.
#63807 - 06/09/06 09:03 PM Re: 2 Problems
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Did you check the drain from the fan housing?

Could be a windshield leaking.

http://pdxcgp.com
#63808 - 06/09/06 10:24 PM Re: 2 Problems
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
A/C drain clogged, maybe.

I tapped my A/F scan gauge into the power drop behind the glove box. There is a connector that's not connected to anything, it's got a black (GRND), pink (ACC) and orange (HOT) wire. I tapped into the pink wire.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#63809 - 06/11/06 10:31 AM Re: 2 Problems
MikesGTP Offline
Loc: Oxford, CT
I water tested the car all along the door and the vents and found no leaks. I also inspected the blower motor and surrounding area and it was perfectly dry, definitely wasn't coming in from there. Also, Bobby, I located a large connector not being used, however, it has more than three wires and one of them isn't black. There is a pink wire though.
#63810 - 06/12/06 10:44 PM Re: 2 Problems
GillysGTPSS Offline
Loc: Gananoque, ON, Canada
notontopic Bobby your car looks great with the Mustang rims on it, been awhile sinceI was here last

CAI, Flowmaster 40s, Magnaflow cat, u-bend delete, Eibach springs, 16" American Racing rims way more to come
#63811 - 06/12/06 10:57 PM Re: 2 Problems
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Originally posted by MikesGTP:
It seems as if it's bypassing the door seal, but the seal is in perfect shape. Any ideas?
Mike, is your door draining?
I don't know where they are, but the doors should have drains in the bottom for any water that gets past the window. I had this problem on my old Monte Carlo, occasionally I would have to poke the debris out of the door drains with a piece of stiff wire, or coat hanger.

http://pdxcgp.com