Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65182 - 03/04/10 03:29 AM Re: My car wont accelerate, help me please.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Ok herc, but when I told them about a bad ignition switch they said its the lock cylinder. Is that the same as a ignition switch.

I am getting tired of going under the steering wheel to hit that little bit to release my key.
#65183 - 03/04/10 04:22 AM Re: My car wont accelerate, help me please.
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
Ok you need to step away from the morons that have no idea what they are talking about and find a shop locally that only deals in the electrical side of cars. Or at least someone who is ase electrical certified.

Could also be a short. Had the same issue ended up being a short near the shifter making it think my car was still in D.

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#65184 - 03/04/10 03:05 PM Re: My car wont accelerate, help me please.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well it turned out to be the ignition switch/lock cylinder like herc said. Hesistation is a bad o2 sensor so its all fixed now and its running real smooth now, thanks everybody.

And chris gt they hired a electrician and the guy could not find any problems with the car until the ses light came on this mourning.

I still have the gas guage flucuating a little but I know when I'm out of gas so thats not a big problem, wont get that fix until like near the summertime.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2