Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#74714 - 07/08/05 12:30 AM HELP...
GTP4LIFE Offline
Loc: Michigan
ok ill start with what i did today
i installed my 3.4" pulley. i did get a little anti seese on the shaft of the supercharger is this a bad thing??
i made my own cold air intake with a 9" cone filter.
when i first took the car out i was getting 11 degrees of knock. then i went right back home. put my throttle body screen back in now iam only getting 7 degree at the most. also i got a squeeking noise comming my supercharger pulley somewhere i know its not the bearings. i do have the stock belt on with a bigger tensioner pulley. is it cause i got a little bit of anti seese on the shaft??

ok what is all done to my car...
3" down pipe no cat
stock exhaust is on the car but i do have my slp loud mouth should i put it back on?
ported stock throttle body
auto light 104's spark plugs
180 stat
custom cold air intake

ok so now what should i try in do about the little knock im getting i dont want any and i dont wanna buy a pcm.
SLP loud mouth exaust, 3" down pipe "no cat", race ready trans, 3.0 quick change pulley (also got a 3.25 an 3.4),1.9 modified rockers with 105 springs, custom throttle body, custom CAI,custom sturt brace, gauge pod with boost an oil pressure,160 stat, limo window tint, reflective rear pontiac logo, sprint lowering springs, 18" giovanna corsica rims. 13.5 on my 18's with street tires.(GETTIN READY FOR A CAM REAL SOON GOT A TEP CAM FOR FREE)
#74715 - 07/08/05 12:49 AM Re: HELP...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I dont think anti-seize on the shaft would make noise or contribute to your KR...is it possible that your pulley is not seated on all the way and you have a slight belt misalignment?...as far as the KR goes, the new pulley is cranking up the boost level and your aftermarket PCM I'm sure has a more aggresive timing profile for more power...my first move would be to try and locate some better fuel...plus a higher boost engine needs a free flowing exhaust...better flow means less heat and backpressure which should lower the KR...did you install a larger tensioner pulley?...is it possible that may be the source of your noise?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#74716 - 07/08/05 08:31 AM Re: HELP...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
If I'm reading right, you DON'T have an aftermarket PCM, right?
Get one!
Intense PCM's are fairly affordable and it'll help with your KR.
With the mods you have, you need one.
Have you flipped your sway bar since you installed the 3" D/P?
I read on ClubGP not too long ago about a guy who was getting KR and couldn't figure out from where. He replaced his front O2 and his KR dropped.

With a 3.4" pulley, you able to use the stock tensioners and stock size belt. Anything smaller than a 3.4 will require a smaller belt, or larger tensioner.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#74717 - 07/09/05 01:32 AM Re: HELP...
GTP4LIFE Offline
well i put my other exhaust on the slp loud mouth and took care of almost all my knock. and i belive for the squeeling, its my belt my pops says. but its only 4 months old. but i went and bought a gater back today im gonna install tommorow, i got it a half inch shorter to.
austin i did have a intense pcm but i hated it so i sold it about a month ago i should take that off my sig. also what are you talking about flipping the sway bar. i havent fliped it if it means anything.
SLP loud mouth exaust, 3" down pipe "no cat", race ready trans, 3.0 quick change pulley (also got a 3.25 an 3.4),1.9 modified rockers with 105 springs, custom throttle body, custom CAI,custom sturt brace, gauge pod with boost an oil pressure,160 stat, limo window tint, reflective rear pontiac logo, sprint lowering springs, 18" giovanna corsica rims. 13.5 on my 18's with street tires.(GETTIN READY FOR A CAM REAL SOON GOT A TEP CAM FOR FREE)
#74718 - 07/09/05 06:34 AM Re: HELP...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
If you have a 3" downpipe you must remove your front sway bar and flip it end for end and reinstall it. This gives enough clearance between the dp and the sway which is a common problem for false KR.
#74719 - 07/10/05 02:29 AM Re: HELP...
GTP4LIFE Offline
well i put my gaterback on today and i had it on for about 2 min just enough time to close the hood and go for a ride down the road and back and the belt got shreaded some how. its not hitting anything and the tensioner is fine. my car never had any problems untill i put this pulley on. does anyone have any pic's of witch way the hub for my thrasher pulley goes on. i just wanna make sure when i got it from thrasher that it was put together right. im thinking maby they put it together back words and its messing something up. my pulley is in line with all the others i cant figure it out anyone got any ideas??
#74720 - 07/10/05 06:18 AM Re: HELP...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
What about your idler pulley? Those are the ones that fail is that pulley free spinning?
#74721 - 07/10/05 06:20 AM Re: HELP...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
And by the way you might wanna re-install the stock tensioner if it is good and use a standard size belt. From the sounds of it you'll have to much KR to put that 3.25 pulley on so give that a shot if the idler pulley is good. Your new pulley maybe the culprit.
#74722 - 07/10/05 11:33 PM Re: HELP...
GTP4LIFE Offline
i took my car out to 3800performance tonight an the guy couldnt find anything wrong with my pulley. so im gonna mess around with it tommorow and try my new gaterback again. ill keep you just updated on what i find out.