Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78559 - 09/02/08 09:47 AM Re: Cam or Rockers?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
tbat, buy another l36, cam it, and top-swap. then drive the sh*t out of the one you have now for giggles and then swap them out.

build the motor saturday, swap it on sunday, impress everyone at work on Monday.

That way you maintain the high compression of the l36 (and you get better MPG smile ) and it'll really sit you back in those comfortable regal seats you got...
#78560 - 09/02/08 10:34 AM Re: Cam or Rockers?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
there are couple good machine shops nearby to me but I really have no way of swapping the engine myself (I still just work in the driveway)...but building a stout top swapped L36 would be badazz...I guess I'm just in no big hurry since I enjoy driving the car so much just like it is. I know it isnt the fastest thing out there but its still responsive and fun...another 50-70hp will make it monster for my use...but I do look forward to the day I hear that blower whine when I stab the throttle. (Bobby spoiled me on that one at TMS)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#78561 - 09/03/08 12:11 PM Re: Cam or Rockers?
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
T-bat, I drive my car daily with no issues. Plenty streetable, even with an XP cam.

As far as gas mileage, mine stayed almost the same even with all my mods... obviously tuning is great to tweak your car for your mods and still get good gas mileage. However, having said that, I drive harder most of the time. So if you were to drive it lightly most of the time, you'd probably see an increase like Corey did post top-swap.

'97 SE with alot of mods
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2