Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79714 - 11/13/07 08:11 PM Keyless problem
Haulero Offline
Loc: Laurens, SC
Hello all, I have this problem: I got a pontiac grand prix gt '97... dealer gave me no keyless but it does have keyless system. so I got one keyless from ebay... I did the programing and it works, but ONLY when the key is in the ignition at acc or start up position, if I take the key out from the key ignition, then keyless don't work?? any ideas? I went to my local pontiac dealership and they couldn't get it to work right either. they want me to live my car there so they do a diagnostic which cost 65 plus whatever the cost for reparing what is wrong :-/

Please help
#79715 - 11/13/07 08:25 PM Re: Keyless problem
Richard Candelario Offline
wow, no clue. have you checked the FAQ? I've not had to deal with this myself, so I couldnt tell ya for sure. Wait up for someone else to chime in.

Welcome aboard. Good folks and good info.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#79716 - 11/13/07 08:54 PM Re: Keyless problem
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
ok, here is me completely guessing.

Maybe when you turn the key in the ignition power is being delivered to the car, so the keyless works. And when the key is out of the ignition no power is being delivered to whatever needs to get it in order for the keyless to work
#79717 - 11/13/07 09:09 PM Re: Keyless problem
Haulero Offline
Loc: Laurens, SC
:-) thats what I think!! but what is that "thing" that is not getting power after I take my key out from he ignition, I have no idea what it is, may be is not that hard, may be we just don't know lol.... that's the big question!!!