Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#81013 - 03/13/03 12:19 PM Re: Clear Corner!?
Clutch Offline
Loc: Aurora, MO
I did my own a while back, only drawback is some slight scratching/marring where the reflector meets the inside of the outer shell. I have never tried the boiling method, and probably never will.

What I did was took a skinny but decently long standard screwdriver and a rubber mallet. I stuck the screwdriver in through the sidemarker hold and lightly tapped the reflector until it busted. It doesn't bust into tiny pieces immediately, so you'll have to work at it a bit to get them completely out. I've heard of some people using a coat hanger and toilet paper to shove the paper between the reflector and outer shell to reduce some of the scratching, I wish now that I had went that way so I didn't get some of the scratches...

Also I went to Autozone and bought some "Jam Strait" 194 Amber sidemarker lights, they have 4 LED's on them and the resistors to keep them from flashing at the same time the front signal does. The reason I went with these is because they are clear when off. So with the clear corners, you don't have that little orange dot that incandescent amber bulbs have even when they're off.

Hope this helps!

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Clear Corner!? GtpRed 03/06/03 10:08 AM
Re: Clear Corner!? Adam15612 03/06/03 02:02 PM
Re: Clear Corner!? quark_man 03/06/03 02:22 PM
Re: Clear Corner!? crimpton 03/07/03 09:37 PM
Re: Clear Corner!? Clutch 03/13/03 12:19 PM