Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8697 - 03/24/10 01:25 AM Re: issues with car
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
which is an example of... a non-stock vehicle.
lol. I know, I just still wouldn't have deleted it if I could have kept it.

Your KR is not false. It is due to the fact that the pulley is too small. You can continue to fight me on it, but go ahead and remove the supercharger belt and see if the knock is there.
#8698 - 03/24/10 03:21 PM Re: issues with car
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
plugs+thermostat are not going to reduce your KR by 4 degrees, assuming that is the actual unit of measurement you were given. How much timing did they pull from your WOT to allow you to run relatively safely on the 3.4? You will make more power running max WOT timing (~20 degrees) with a bigger pulley, versus reduced WOT timing and a smaller pulley. In either case you want 0 KR.
#8699 - 03/24/10 06:11 PM Re: issues with car
98 gtp girl Offline
Loc: dayton ohio
oh im not fighting you on anything and I appreciate you helping me, I dont really know too much on knock other then what I am told and what I read. I know that when I only had the 3.8 pulley, downpipe and air intake it was 7 then after the plugs, thermostat, 3.4 pulley and pcm tune it was 3. He said he didnt mess with the timing but can later if needed or wanted. He also said once I get the FWI he will scan it again and do any other adjustments needed.. My question is cant you ADD mods to reduce knock? Wouldnt putting a bigger pulley on it at this time be a waste?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2