Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88337 - 04/02/05 11:48 PM car's dead and keys stuck (kinda long)
Ryan Offline
Loc: Richmond Hill, GA
Somebody help me please. Tonight i went to get some food and When I got back in the car to start it power came on and the went away. So I turned the key back and it wouldn't come out. I tried to jump start it but nothing. I searched the archives and it said something about a unlock switch under the ignition switch. What I don't understand is my battery is only 6 months old. It shouldn't have died, especially in a 5 minute trip to get food. Normally if the battery dies you can still at least jump start it. Right now the car is still sitting in the parking ldead with the key stuck in it. I guess I can go and find this lock to unlock the key, but does anyone have a clue as to how a 6 month old battery go from working fine to so dead that it can't be jump started after only a 5 min. drive? banghead Any help would be greatly appriciated because I really don't want to leave my car in a parking lot all night. TIA.
#88338 - 04/03/05 05:54 AM Re: car's dead and keys stuck (kinda long)
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
First check your connections ,this would most likely be your problem and if your trying to boost your car with a stone dead battery it wo'nt work,hook up the booster cables and let it charge for about ten minutes then try it ,if you get it started and have cleaned your connections,battery,ground and starter next i would check to see that your alternater is putting out enough voltage between 13.5&14.5.hope this helps.Chico.
#88339 - 04/03/05 11:12 AM Re: car's dead and keys stuck (kinda long)
Ryan Offline
Loc: Richmond Hill, GA
Thanks, i don't know why I didn't think of the simple stuff like cleaning the battery connections. I guess I was just to pissed off that it wouldn't start. Any I unlocked the ignition and got my key out. Disconnected the battery and cleaned the connections hooked the battery back up and it runs great. I guess with 90,000 miles on it I expecting something major to go wrong not the simple things. ANy way thanks again.
#88340 - 04/03/05 02:19 PM Re: car's dead and keys stuck (kinda long)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Simple stuff is the most common problems.
#88341 - 04/03/05 11:40 PM Re: car's dead and keys stuck (kinda long)
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
i know we've had that problem a couple times, and it just would be the positive terminal needing to be tighten a little more.
dhp 1.0
#88342 - 04/04/05 10:50 AM Re: car's dead and keys stuck (kinda long)
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
It happens to everybody.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali