Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#99853 - 01/02/09 07:40 PM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
Richard Candelario Offline
BTW: drcustomparts.com=Don Rome's Custom Parts. Don Rome=overpriced according to Corey.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#99854 - 01/02/09 07:41 PM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
the front will work in the rear, but id check ... it should fit over the 2 closest bolts... but you just need to enlargen the holes a bit

and

http://www.drcustomparts.com/

is that what your looking for ... the aluminum bracket ?
#99855 - 01/02/09 07:45 PM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
yes...and no. Starting to doubt that that's the direction I wanna go. Especially after seeing the BMR STBs.

Imagine that, I start to over-analyze what parts I wanna get next.

Original question, for sake of the new page in the thread: Where can I get the SpeedBuilt/NextLevel STBs?

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#99856 - 01/03/09 12:41 AM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
andrew383 Offline
Loc: so. indiana
i really like the bmr bars the best,plus they are adjustable.but they cost the most. DA bars
then there's zzp's bars.there a bit cheaper

03 slp-fwi-udp-gmpp-aeroforce
#99857 - 01/03/09 12:46 AM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
BTW: drcustomparts.com=Don Rome's Custom Parts. Don Rome=overpriced according to Corey.
Not overpriced. Its quality stuff. I'm keeping my silence.

"Mr. Mom"
#99858 - 01/03/09 12:53 AM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by StreetShaker:
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
[b] BTW: drcustomparts.com=Don Rome's Custom Parts. Don Rome=overpriced according to Corey.
Not overpriced. Its quality stuff. I'm keeping my silence. [/b]
It is high quality. I never said it wasn't. But it's not worth the price.
#99859 - 01/04/09 10:55 PM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
I just came on a possible hush-hush part-out that includes Next Level STBs. We'll see how that plays out, then I'll consider BMR, then ZZP. Thanks all. the feedback is a great help.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#99860 - 01/05/09 08:14 AM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I realize this is kinda late to the party but I'll just toss my 2 cents worth in.

If you decide to lower the car for the sake of better handling I wish you the best of luck. I know many have said they have lowered their cars without other issue. Maybe my vibration problems were coincidence. If you do lower the car and keep your stock wheels/tires then that may help the ride harshness...but if you are unhappy with plowing (understeer) in hard cornering part of that is nature of the beast when it comes to a front drive car.
Front end weight bias is tough to over come. This is why the GXP came with smaller tires on the rear than the front in an effort to make the rear of the car more forgiving and help the front stick.
Your new heavier sway bars will help this issue but if you really want it to carve corners then a lower sidewall tire/wheel combo is in order. Herein lies another trade off...the less sidewall flex improves the handling but sacrifices ride. Even with my stock springs back on, the 18s on my car still bite corners hard, no squeal, no plowing, just stuff flying around in the trunk. Think about it, every performance level of car you see gets progressively smaller sidewall tires. The Comp G came with 17s and the GXP went up to 18s...Vettes get 19s up front and 20s on the rear.

If you are prepared to trade offsome ride quality for the sake of better handling, given the work you have already done, I would go with abetter wheel/tire combo before I put another set of springs on the car. An 18in wheel with a 245/45/18 tires makes for a fat footprint and I dont even have the sticky compound summer tires...those wear faster but they bite like gooey shoes.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#99861 - 01/05/09 10:04 AM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
I really am not entertaining the idea of lowering the car any time soon due to ride comfort. I'll consider that later. I just wanna keep the ride level and try to keep the entire footprint on the ground as much as possible. Dont get it mistaken, I WOULD like to have a GP handle like a Beemer, but I am not even close to being willing to invest that much time and money into a car that will never be able to handle like that with that level of comfort.

As for the sidewall flex, I think I cured that, to my own satisfaction, by pumping 42 PSI into the fronts and 36 out back with 39 in the spare.

For right now, after the STBs and replaced dogbones, I'm pretty certain that my suspension upgrades would be complete, and that it would then be time to concentrate on Belen.

Thank you for your feedback, I will be using that later on, should I decide to lower the car. You rock, Tim!

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#99862 - 01/29/09 07:19 PM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
Hey, Slick, thanks for those STBs, I'll be mailing your money order for 150 USD and what else you want for the corners. Reviews on what the braces feel like on the car with my set up.

Ace, thank you for lunch, hope you enjoy the brace I gave you today. As I told you during lunch, your car is SO nice lookin. The pics you put up already do NOTHING for how she REALLY looks.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#99863 - 01/30/09 04:48 AM Re: Suspension Research (Big pics start pg5)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Thanks. devilsmile
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8