Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50006 - 01/01/05 08:11 PM Adjiusting Emergency Break
SprChrd01 Offline
Loc: San Bernardino, Ca
When I set my E-Break it doesn't seem to hold very well. I was just wondering how to fix this problem. None of my friends or I have ever worked on a foot break before. thumbsup

7" all in one indash TV and sound system
#50007 - 01/01/05 09:51 PM Re: Adjiusting Emergency Break
InitialDGP Offline
Loc: Germantown, Maryland USA
It may be loose, in which case youd need to tighten it I believe.
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
#50008 - 01/01/05 11:43 PM Re: Adjiusting Emergency Break
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

There is an adjuster nut behind the gas tank. It may be a matter of running that in a few turns.
If that works, make sure the wheels still turn freely with the brake off.
If that doesn't work, there's adjusters on each rear hub....You will want to back off that center adjuster all the way, and make adjustments accordingly at each hub. The shoes may be worn, and in need of replacing, so be prepared for that....

The parking brake is a drum type assembly in behind the rear rotors, you will have to remove the rotors to replace the shoes, or adjust at the hubs.

http://pdxcgp.com