Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#74690 - 03/08/07 07:13 PM Dexron VI
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
has anybody heard anything or have any experiences with Dexron VI? I have heard some things, but I'm looking for sme more technical info than I have heard. I'm getting ready to go and flush/fill, etc my tranny and was thinking about replacing my fluids with VI instead of III

Yes I know that people will say, don't flush, but I have flushed it twice already (at 40k and at 80k, on 104K now), and I know the history of the tranny, and I have heard the many horror stories, so please don't try to tell me not to do it!
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#74691 - 03/08/07 07:39 PM Re: Dexron VI
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
As long as its flushed regularly and you know the history you should be fine.

I've got 2 gallons of Dexron VI right here. I'm planning on using it when I do my fluid change soon.

Its supposed to be a huge improvement over III.

GM quote:
Quote:
The new fluid provides significantly improved performance in terms of friction durability, viscosity stability, aeration and foam control and oxidation resistance. In addition, the fluid has the potential to enable improved fuel economy and extended drain intervals.
taken from http://www.gm.com/automotive/gmpowertrain/transmissions/DEXRON-VI-Service_Fill_Release.doc

Also good article: http://www.imakenews.com/lng/e_article000384801.cfm?x=b11,0,w

Yeah I just got done researching this when I bought the 2 gallons from ZZP (along with a few other items...)
#74692 - 03/08/07 09:30 PM Re: Dexron VI
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
yeah, Zuul that's why I said what I did. I have read articles like those and was wondering if anybody had mixed or switched to it yet. and what their experiences were with it, etc
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#74693 - 03/08/07 09:39 PM Re: Dexron VI
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Well that info is a little more in terms of technical information than I've heard from people on clubgp that have talked about it. Their transmission works. In some cases even better, but that could easily be due to the fact that they changed their fluid at all. I can tell you my experience in a couple weeks. Has anybody else on this board switched over?