Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4019 - 05/07/07 10:40 PM I forgot to post this
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Last week when I changed tires I checked all my rotors because somebody here said if it has play and it could be the wheel bearings because I have a very irritating noise as I drive and get worse on the highway when I hit higher speeds. So that back rotors are fine but the front ones moved around a little bit with no force and I think that could be a problem. Anybody can help me on this.
#4020 - 05/08/07 12:14 AM Re: I forgot to post this
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Start off simple. Make sure all the lug nuts are torqued/none loose. If that doesn't help, pull the wheel off and inspect rotor/caliper, it is possible the bolts holding the caliper in place are loose. If neither of those things are it, it may very well be the wheel bearings.

Can you describe the noise you are hearing in better detail?

'97 SE with alot of mods
#4021 - 05/08/07 12:18 AM Re: I forgot to post this
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
that happened to me one of the bolts fell out and at slow speeds the weight made noise but when i got going faster it went away check the bolts
#4022 - 05/08/07 02:44 AM Re: I forgot to post this
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Its like a humming/grinding noise kinda and I also think that the bolts needs to be tighten up because a while ago I broke three bolts off(yes Im that strong)(lol) and ever since then I just don't tighten them up all the way.
#4023 - 05/08/07 08:06 AM Re: I forgot to post this
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Wheel bearing. That's the noise I was hearing when mine went.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#4024 - 05/08/07 07:34 PM Re: I forgot to post this
The Fridge Offline
Loc: Green Bay Wisconsin
def sounds like a wheel hub, i had it go at the same time as my swaybar bushings, grind sweet boom! lol, also i had a sweaking rattling annoying sound coming from the front and i changed my break pads, the old pads where prob still at 40% but it stopped the sqeaking.

CAI, 180deg thermostat

If Your Drinking A Coke Please PM Me The Code Eh?
#4025 - 05/08/07 08:09 PM Re: I forgot to post this
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy1307:
Wheel bearing. That's the noise I was hearing when mine went.
x2