Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41496 - 05/14/07 12:33 AM AGXs and Springs on!!
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
hey guys, I finally got my KYB AGXs from the group buy on CGP out of my living room floor put on and new springs all around. while I was in there, I put the new brakes on and flushed out the brake system. I will get some pics of it up later, but damn, does tha car ride like a new one again!!! I love it and I haven't even tried to adjust the AGXs yet, I put the to soft and figured I would try them out later, but haven't gotten to it yet!! anyway, I love them they make the car feel like a car again!!!!
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#41497 - 05/14/07 12:45 AM Re: AGXs and Springs on!!
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
sweet dude!! maybe if you didn't live in the middle of nowhere I could meet you at a KCPMC mod day sometime this year.

Big thumbs up man.

thumbsup

'97 SE with alot of mods
#41498 - 05/14/07 01:07 AM Re: AGXs and Springs on!!
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
I'm wondering how the AGX's are adjusted..... The pics on the websites show a side adjustment, which doesn't allure me. I know a guy who bought some front struts that adjust at the top...... My question is.... Do the front and rear struts adjust at the top? Or do the rears adjust outside of the trunk?

http://pdxcgp.com
#41499 - 05/14/07 09:30 AM Re: AGXs and Springs on!!
Drew521 Offline
Loc: New Jersey
They adjust so easily it's not even funny. They are all from the top, I don't know why the pic shows from the side.

Just pop the hood and the top of the rod pokes through and you use the screwdriver to turn the dot to 1-4.

The rears have a knob on the top of the strut rod and you just turn it by hand.
#41500 - 05/14/07 03:45 PM Re: AGXs and Springs on!!
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Quote:
Originally posted by Drew521:
They adjust so easily it's not even funny. They are all from the top, I don't know why the pic shows from the side.

Just pop the hood and the top of the rod pokes through and you use the screwdriver to turn the dot to 1-4.

yup, what he said, only I would suggest cutting the top of the carpet in the trunk if you are going to be adjusting them frequently. I'll snap a few pics and load them all when I get the camera back form the wife, she took it for a field trip with my daughter
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#41501 - 05/15/07 08:54 PM Re: AGXs and Springs on!!
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dementeddj:
Quote:
Originally posted by Drew521:
[b] They adjust so easily it's not even funny. They are all from the top, I don't know why the pic shows from the side.

yup, what he said, only I would suggest cutting the top of the carpet in the trunk if you are going to be adjusting them frequently. I'll snap a few pics and load them all when I get the camera back form the wife, she took it for a field trip with my daughter [/b]
thumbsup

Thanks!!!

http://pdxcgp.com