Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3990 - 05/26/07 04:38 PM R/R window panel
leendersc Offline
Loc: Ontario Canada
First I'm sorry that I was not very clear (this is the first time I post any questions on this site. frown I have a 2001 Grand Prix GT and my R/R window only seems to works when it wants too. I do have power going to both switches, but have the time the window will not work. the problem is I do not know how tho take of the rear panel. Is it 1 piece or 2 pieces what about the 2 plugs behind the door handle. if I take them out I can see 2 bolt. Do I loosen them
and are they even part of the door panel.

hope some one can help.

Thanks in advance
Chris leenders
R/R window panel
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 12/31/69 07:00 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
#3991 - 05/26/07 04:52 PM Re: R/R window panel
Richard Candelario Offline
How to remove interior door panels
From Haynes repair manual #38010 (GM: Buick Regal; Chevy Lumina (90-94); Olds Cutlass Supreme (88-96); Poncho GP (88-99) CH 11 SEC 13 PG 11-8.

Remove all...panel...screws & [armrest assy's]. [it may be rqrd] to pry out trim panel plugs to [get to some screws]

[pry the panel off the door]

...unplug any wire harness[es]...remove panel

REINSTALL

[put the clips back into the metal door]

plug in wire harnesses. press the door onto the clips, install armrest...install power window switch.

oh, BTW, you can reply by using the quick reply box under your thread/replies instead of creating a whole new topic. Sure hope this helps ya out.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#3992 - 05/26/07 10:35 PM Re: R/R window panel
Devenaroo Offline
Loc: mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trim Panel Replacement - Side Rear Door
Tools Required
J 38778 Door Trim Pad and Garnish Clip Remover

Removal Procedure

Remove the rear door power window switch. Refer to Seat Back Replacement - Rear .
Remove the rear door trim panel plugs from under the pull handle.
Remove the screws from behind the trim plugs.
Beginning at the lower rear of the door, use J 38778 to remove the rear door trim panel from the rear door inner panel.
Remove the rear door trim panel from the vehicle.
Installation Procedure

Important
Before installing the rear door trim panel to the inner door, discard the old trim panel retainers. Use new trim panel retainers in order to properly secure the rear door trim panel to the rear door inner panel.

Install the new rear door trim panel retainers to the rear door trim panel.
Position the rear door trim panel to the rear door inner panel, making sure the door handle comes through the bezel.
Install the rear door trim panel pressing in on the area of the retainers until fully seated.

Notice
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the trim panel screws to the rear door panel. Tighten
Tighten the screws to 3 N·m (27 lb in).

Install the rear door trim panel plugs over the screws.
Install the rear door power window switch. Refer to Seat Back Replacement - Rear .