Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137107 - 07/29/07 11:20 PM vibration
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
well since i put my rims on, i had it get loose, then i took to some dude and he told me it was loose, and it screwed up the studs, so the next morning i took it to firestone (dad's idea), they said a lug nut was stripped and so that cost me more money on top of the studs, then they call me again and say the bearing broke, so there 240 more dollars, and now when im driving on the highway, i feel a vibration, it's only really noticeable when i drive over 60 to 70. Is that normal with bigger rims? i mean there is no pull and i didnt feel the vibration at all when i was doing regular driving, im having a lot of problems and i've had them on less than a week, i think once i get this problem fixed i should be okay, what do you guys think it is?

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#137108 - 07/29/07 11:34 PM Re: vibration
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
I think the problem was taking it to Firestone..

And no, I'm being serious. So they replaced the wheel bearing, or did they just tell you it was broken? Odds are if they replaced it, they probably screwed up something doing that, like your halfshaft, or it's possible they screwed up the car's alignment while changing the bearing.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#137109 - 07/30/07 12:30 AM Re: vibration
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Im with drummer on this one, somehow I think they messed up your alignment as well. Do the steering wheel go side to side while your driving above 60 mph and have your wheels been balanced.
#137110 - 07/30/07 08:13 AM Re: vibration
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
it never pulled, i didnt want to take it to firestone, that was my dad's idea, he just wanted to get it done and over with, im thinking i will take it somewhere and do an alignment and balancing now, yes the rims were previously balanced. halfshaft??? whats that and where is it? how much would it cost to replace?

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s