Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44808 - 09/16/07 11:45 PM AC
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
OK, so today I spent getting my AC working again, I was hell bent to find this leak and I think I got it..... Went through and replaced every single O-Ring in the system, vacumed, and recharged the oil and refrigerent.... It held Vacume for a few hours so Im sure I got it.... NOW, this problem started before that last leak devoloped, so its been ongoing. The driver side air spits warm air and the passenger is ice cold, after about 20 min the drivers side sllllooowwwwlllyyy turns cold... I do not have the fancy dual climate or anything like that, just your basic manual knobs. Does my system still have those acctuaters that open and close the diffrent sides? and would that cause my drivers side to very slowly turn cold after 20 min?
#44809 - 09/16/07 11:54 PM Re: AC
Richard Candelario Offline
I would say it would be your doors, since you dont have dual zones. Since my car has the same system, I'll be payin attention to this thread

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#44810 - 09/17/07 12:17 AM Re: AC
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Mine had the same issue, after the swap while I had it working... I either have a small oring leak or I damaged the condenser during radiator install (doh!).
#44811 - 09/17/07 12:23 AM Re: AC
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Before the swap it was the Low preasure schrader valve leaking, after the swap, I think I moved a connection just enough to break the seal on a dried O-Ring, So I just replaced them all, a few were dried out, so I think I got her going...

And I just emailed ED about a door acctuater just in case, I dont wanna spend all that time pulling it out a few times, ill just replace it all at once, he has them for various years for only $13 on his store, so ill snatch one up and kill this headache of an AC
#44812 - 09/17/07 12:45 PM Re: AC
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
I would guess that it's the actuator or the door for the drivers side a/c vents.

I can find the R&R for theactuator and/or door if you need me to. Just have to boot the laptop and pull up the Service Info. cool

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#44813 - 09/17/07 01:22 PM Re: AC
ifitwasnt4u Offline
I herd back from ed, and he said there are diffrent part numbers for diffrent types of AC and years and so on, so told me to just pull off the old one and get the part number and email it to him and hell post it up on his ebay store so I can purchase it
#44814 - 09/17/07 01:29 PM Re: AC
Richard Candelario Offline
that man is so cool. my wrench (the good one, the trusted one) just gave a call back and said that the sewing machine whine is indeed my compressor. The bearings are THAT bad. He said he cannot, in good conscience, release the car like that.

Hence the thread jack: If those bearings sieze, it will throw your belt. We all know what kinda damage can happen when the serpentine gets thrown. ALSO: if the bearings sieze, expect a new compressor, along with all related damage from a siezed component.

Keywords:
AC compressor bearings
AC whine
A/C bearings whine
warning A/C whine

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#44815 - 09/17/07 01:33 PM Re: AC
ifitwasnt4u Offline
I had the compressor seize up on me on an old car of mine.... it stalled the engine out while driving... thankfully didnt throw the belt