Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127908 - 07/21/04 06:33 PM Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Hi,

Last night a met a friend's boss, and he has a Grand Am, he doesn't stop talking about the advantages of having a newer model than my Grand Prix GT 97, and you know, i notice he wanted to justificate why an older man has a car which seem to be less than mine, and why his car is much better than mine (is not my opinion, i really don't care)but he was anoying, and I really don't wanted to cause a discussion because of my friend. But next time i would like to have strong and easy to understand arguments to SHUT HIS MOUTH OFF. Could you please help me??

Thanks in advance.

Alex cheers

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#127909 - 07/21/04 07:05 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
In what ways was he saying that his Grand Am is better than your GP? I think they're ok but don't have same potential.

GTPJack

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#127910 - 07/21/04 07:22 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Yeah, if he says they are faster and he has a 3.4 with auto tranny (all new ones are) tell him you will hand his ass to him because you should. Also tell him that the 3.8 is a better motor and has more power. Also tell him the dash in the Grand am is ugly. Also tell him he cant compare his grand am to your car, it is a sub midsize class car. You on the other hand have a car that is midsize and therefore in a different class. Then if he is still being a punk tell him if you wanted to save money you would have gotten a grand am and not a grand prix. And if the guy has a four cylinder tell him to eat you. That is the most mature way i can think of handling this.

Reminds me of a guy i work with that is constantly telling me the advantages of his eclipse and how he would hand me my but with my 98 gt. Needless to say one night he was coming over to my house and i raced him ina rolling start 55 on. stopped at 75 because i was already a car length on him. Then on the twisties to my house where he said his car 'shined' i left him without a chance for him to even think.
#127911 - 07/21/04 07:42 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Yea...my wife has a 01 Grand Am SE with the 4 banger. It does have its perks, but doesnt compare to my 99 GP SE. Besides, if you look around, there are tons of GA's driving around, and most of them are stock. I haven't seen too many all moded up. And my wifes GA has worse fuel economy than my GP. I'd rather have a GP than a GA. I do drive the GA some....just to keep my miles low on the GP and when we haul all our kiddos around. No Kiddos in my car! That's my 2 cents on the GA.
#127912 - 07/21/04 08:22 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
I've always looked at Grand Am's as wannabe Grand Prix's. I mean they have all these lines on their car, trying to make it look sporty. What's that, oh wow a v6 badge.

Grand Prix's just look good, period. They don't need to have all this side paneled crap, and if that still doesn't get ya, racing a GTP against the best a Grand Am has to offer (or even a grand prix gt), it will answer any remaining questions you have on the car.

Anyway I guess I'm ramnbling. The best thing that can be said was by zachd "tell him if you wanted to save money you'd buy a grand am." Because that says it all right there.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#127913 - 07/21/04 08:37 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Sort of like comparing a camero to a corvette.
#127914 - 07/21/04 09:14 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
zachd Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
Well said!!!!
#127915 - 07/21/04 11:07 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
GdGTP Offline
Loc: Omaha, NE
But not really b/c they have the same engine...more like a Camaro Z28 to a V6 Camaro...ugh, in any matter...GA's suck balls when it comes to comparing performance with GPs...
#127916 - 07/21/04 11:14 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
I agree also...

Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
I am not sure of the situation but it is 2 totaly different classes of cars. To try to compare them would be silly-ish. Even if they are a few years apart.

One thing you can say (IMHO) is if the GA was as good as the GP there would be no need for the GP. Follow me? The GA (I hate to say it like this - cause I mean no ill offense) is for the less "fortunate"

I was looking at a 2002 SS Camero (I traded my Vette for a stroller smile ) So I went to look at a 2002 Camero SS and the Chevy salesman (keep in mind I owned a 99 Vette Converable)

"Look at how the exhaust is centered and the line make up the car. This is the clostest thing you'll get to having a Vette"

At that point I left and bought a Avalanche (I know not the same sport, but neither is the Camero to the Vette) Follow me?

Sheesh I can ramble on hammer TIME!
#127917 - 07/22/04 11:50 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Ok, next time this guy starts talking about his great GA i wont mind if he's my friend's boss, thats why i behave my self a little.

In fact as somene of you asked, everything started when i parked behind his GA and the "muscles" of my GP were evident, so he started saying that big cars were old fashioned, and how difficult should be for me to park in Mexico City, yo know and he didn't stop for about an hour of chat to find deffects but mainly in the size, and in the weight, and maneuverability.

I just said, well, if i would like to have a car ONLY for his size and that, i would buy a Nissan, but theres more in a car than size. You know i didn't wanted to be rude.

Thanks all.

Alex.

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#127918 - 07/22/04 12:17 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
blown_gp Offline
Loc: Memphis
I have driven a GA GT and now that I own my GTP I can tell you that the GA is a strong performer but it will never equal to a GP, it would be silly for Pontiac to make their submidsize better than their midsize, I mean look at how quickly they had to upgrade the Maxima once they realized that the new Altimas were faster than the Maxima, no matter how you look at it the GA is the cheaper of the two, and that is for a reason.
#127919 - 07/22/04 12:23 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Jizz:
"Look at how the exhaust is centered and the line make up the car. This is the clostest thing you'll get to having a Vette"

That comment would have pissed me off so much I think Id have taken a shit on his desk. What an a$$hole.
#127920 - 07/22/04 03:22 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
TexasGP Offline
[QUOTE]The GA (I hate to say it like this - cause I mean no ill offense) is for the less "fortunate"]
What exactly do you mean, "less fortunate".
#127921 - 07/22/04 03:24 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
TexasGP Offline
Didn't do the quote right....darn fat fingers hit every button but the right ones!!!! cheers
#127922 - 07/22/04 04:15 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
zachd Offline
People that dont want to or cant afford to spend as much money on a car is less fortunate i think in his books.....