Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#87079 - 07/28/08 02:35 PM headlight issue
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
the other night i was going home, when i started the car at night and turned my headlights on and nothing only the fogs and side lights. The HIDS were off! i was able to turn on the high beams but the lows wouldn't come on. I do have the extra harness that wires the HIDS to the battery, so i don't know whats going on. So as im driving with the highs i decided to try the lows again. BAM! they work.???? stop somewhere on the way home so i decided to turn them off to see if they work for good now, nope nothing only high beams. So i decided not to mess with any more and finished my trek home with high beams. A couple hours later i decided to go to my friends, jumped in the car, turned it on and they worked. didnt decided to turn them on and off to test it. This just started happening and i cant figure out what the issue is. it seems as though you have to let the power build up before they work, but my alarm says i have 12. something volts to the battery. Any Ideas?
#87080 - 07/28/08 03:00 PM Re: headlight issue
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
idk sounds like no voltage, my hids only work when my car is running otherwise they flicker and dont work but u said u have 12 volts, i would test the car running at idle for voltage
#87081 - 07/28/08 10:31 PM Re: headlight issue
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
yea thats what i was thinking but i have the rewire kit and it goes straight to the battery....
#87082 - 07/28/08 10:57 PM Re: headlight issue
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Next time it happens pull out a volt meter and take some measurements. Since its intermittent, I suspect a poor ground.