Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#106661 - 01/27/09 12:04 AM I will never own a white car again.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I will never own a white car again. My arms are swollen from trying to keep my car clean then I find out the its getting ready to snow for the first time this year for 2 days straight.

I have this orange/brown stuff on the passenger back door, I thought it was rust but it comes off if I use my finger nail.

What can I use for that orange/brown stuff and what is it.
#106662 - 01/27/09 12:06 AM Re: I will never own a white car again.
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
sounds like breakdust...... use a clay bar kit

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#106663 - 01/27/09 12:07 AM Re: I will never own a white car again.
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I understand how you feel for trying keep my old white car clean as much I can. It is always show dirty. mad I used own 1st and 2nd white cars. I'm glad I'm switching to silver. wink

Hmm I never heard about orange/brown stuffs on white car before. I'm not sure what is this. Maybe dirty grease?
#106664 - 01/27/09 01:10 AM Re: I will never own a white car again.
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I've owned two white cars and they are a royal pain to keep clean. I have heard many bemoan the evils of black cars but I'll take black over white cars anyday. White cars are like big, giant sheets of clean paper that show every bloody spec of whatever lands on them (especially the bug guts on the nose...looks like a war zone)...the black car may show the dirt and other ills but it also hides a host of other demons.

If you can ever get it very clean once, I suggest a product called liquid glass. It is pricey but once you get several coats on the car many dirty little sins will wash right off. The only downside is what ever stains or what-not that you dontfget off before rubbing this stuff on is there to stay. When I get the T-Bat repainted it will be getting "glassed" asap.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#106665 - 01/27/09 01:24 AM Re: I will never own a white car again.
Dre da GP man Offline
2fast4U, I had just thought about the clay bar, I haven't used one in a while.

Tbat, I will take that into consideration about the liquid glass if the clay bar kit doesn't work. I have heard its a pain to own black cars but I would rather own a black car then a white one.

I get tired of having to keep rags in the car to wipe down the car and I look at my moms silver taurus and it still looks goods when its dirty.
#106666 - 01/27/09 01:26 AM Re: I will never own a white car again.
Dre da GP man Offline
Hey tbat, I just went on the website and its 20.99 for a bottle of car polisher/finisher. It must be worth the money.
#106667 - 01/27/09 03:41 PM Re: I will never own a white car again.
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
i have a white car and love it and im in MINNESOTA
#106668 - 01/27/09 08:29 PM Re: I will never own a white car again.
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I gave up on cleaning my white car.
#106669 - 01/27/09 11:24 PM Re: I will never own a white car again.
andrew383 Offline
Loc: so. indiana
i just let mine sit LOL

03 slp-fwi-udp-gmpp-aeroforce
#106670 - 01/28/09 01:02 AM Re: I will never own a white car again.
GrindingNemo Offline
Loc: Missoula MT
Yeah, mines white and dirt drives me nuts (Montana winter...). I was so tired of looking at the dirt that I actually trusted the air dryers at the carwash to get my car dry when it was below zero. Ever tried to get in a car with the doors iced shut? banghead