Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119472 - 09/09/09 10:38 AM Anybody have a spare gas tank laying around???
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
Basically what the topic says, but I'm pretty sure that nobody does, just thought it isn't something asked that often.

My dad was driving home from church a few years ago when he ran over something in the road, but he wasn't sure what it was at the time. Turned out it was a cap/lid that screws on to the gasoline tankers to where they attach the hose to fill the tanks at the stations. The lid punctured a hole in the bottom of the gas tank and also dented it some. When he got home he noticed there was a nice stream coming out of after seeing the nice trail it left on the driveway!

He fixed it with some JB Stick Weld which worked great! The tank wasn't leaking anymore and didn't have to buy another tank. The only bad thing is that the tank doesn't hold as much it doesn't seem like, and because of that you just can't be too sure about how much fuel is in it when the light comes on!

Lately I have been smelling gas around the car and since the battery went dead, it has sat a couple of days, but I happen to notice a puddle under the tank again last night after replacing the battery. Looked under and sure enough, the tank is leaking again, so hopefully we can fix it with some more stick weld or I guess we'll have to look for a new tank!
dhp 1.0
#119473 - 09/09/09 10:43 AM Re: Anybody have a spare gas tank laying around???
andrew383 Offline
Loc: so. indiana
hit up ed morad

03 slp-fwi-udp-gmpp-aeroforce