Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69542 - 02/06/05 10:31 AM Tech and tcs
donnie Offline
Loc: kentucky
what causes my tech to quit and the tcs light to come on? It don`t do this all the time, but does it often. When it is restarted all is well Thanks

98 Gtp
#69543 - 02/06/05 11:30 AM Re: Tech and tcs
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Your adtomestometer is probably defunct!
#69544 - 02/06/05 06:50 PM Re: Tech and tcs
donnie Offline
thanks but not much help on that word
#69545 - 02/06/05 08:26 PM Re: Tech and tcs
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Just kiddin,but the TCS indicator is linked to your wheel speed sensor (wheel bearing&sensor ) check the connections at the wheel or it may be the sensor going,if so your only remody is to replace the wheel bearing.
#69546 - 02/07/05 12:37 AM Re: Tech and tcs
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
Tsk tsk Chico! lol
#69547 - 02/09/05 02:11 PM Re: Tech and tcs
donnie Offline
At which wheel should I check or do I need to check both? Thanks for the info
#69548 - 02/09/05 08:29 PM Re: Tech and tcs
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
When you say tech do you mean Tach as in tachometer.
#69549 - 02/11/05 10:34 PM Re: Tech and tcs
greens10 Offline
Loc: Milwaukee WI
2 problems? first you have an wheel speed sensor or wireing or a ebcm problem. (electrionc brake control module) sec. it sound like you have a came sensor that is open at times. Dose this happen when wet or after hitting a bump. Helps in telling you where to go.
#69550 - 02/14/05 01:29 PM Re: Tech and tcs
donnie Offline
I mean tach, no it doesn`t have to be raining or on bumpy road
#69551 - 02/15/05 11:52 AM Re: Tech and tcs
00 Black GT Offline
Loc: Worcester, Ma
I have the exact same problem ...it also goes along with the motor dieing...sometimes it just stutters and the tack goes off and the track light gomes on to stay..restart and all it fine...sometimes it dies afterwards and won't start for a few....code scan comes up with crank shaft senser..It might be just for the dieing part..not sure...Bought the senser but then realized that pulling the harmonic balancer is not going to be easy with the pully right next to the wheel well..no room for a conventional wheel pully...gonna have to take it in I guess

2000 GP GT Black. Painted red calipers and rotor. Painted rear embedded pontiac read. Red undercarraige lights(got ticket for those). Looking forward to an F-1 hood and crome meshed grills
#69552 - 02/15/05 11:56 AM Re: Tech and tcs
00 Black GT Offline
being a steady visitor to this site...it sure seems these cares have alot of senser problems...sensers, sensers and more sensers...so many

2000 GP GT Black. Painted red calipers and rotor. Painted rear embedded pontiac read. Red undercarraige lights(got ticket for those). Looking forward to an F-1 hood and crome meshed grills
#69553 - 02/15/05 12:02 PM Re: Tech and tcs
00 Black GT Offline
after jogging my memory for a bit..I think these are two seperate problems...I have the tack/track problem like you donnie and the dieing problem is a seperate issue...the tack/track thing hasn't happened to me in a while but it seems like I get standed at least every other time I go somewhere....10-20 min. before it will restart...that the crank senser according to the code read..it seems it has something to do with the cold...warm out...no problems

#69554 - 02/15/05 12:39 PM Re: Tech and tcs
blown_gp Offline
Loc: Memphis
I changed my CPS (crank possition sensor) and I tell you I did it with the autozone loaner puller total cost NADA! it wasnt easy, but after playing with it for a little bit I was able to get a hold of the pulley and out she came (get your mind put of the gutter..!) anyways, the real b#$@ was the main bolt on the crank shaft, you will definatelly need a buddy helping you with a flathead stock on the fly wheel, that thing is TIGHT! but after the main pulley was off it was a piece of cake, the main thing is to get the passenger wheel and the mud guards off the wheel well, it will make your job much easier, this should take care of the engine cutting off and the tach shutting off...at least it did for me, dont go waste your money at the steatler for a $30 dollar part, I have heard estimates as high as $350.
#69555 - 02/16/05 07:55 AM Re: Tech and tcs
donnie Offline
Thanks to all for the info, will try to get this problem fixed before it gets any worsewill keep all posted on the outcome of this matter , again thanks Donnie

1998 GTP owner
#69556 - 10/28/09 06:13 PM Re: Tech and tcs
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 00 Black GT:
I have the exact same problem ...it also goes along with the motor dieing...sometimes it just stutters and the tack goes off and the track light gomes on to stay..restart and all it fine...sometimes it dies afterwards and won't start for a few....code scan comes up with crank shaft senser..It might be just for the dieing part..not sure...Bought the senser but then realized that pulling the harmonic balancer is not going to be easy with the pully right next to the wheel well..no room for a conventional wheel pully...gonna have to take it in I guess
BUMP BUMP BUMP

I have had this same problem today. It scared the living sh!t out of me. I was on the highway in the fast lane, 18 wheeler next to me to the right, one behind me, and one in front. Concrete barrier to the left of me.
I was on cruise control, pushing 70. All of the sudden, the car started sputtering and the Tach dropped dead. Nothing. I gave it some gas but it only sputtered. It finally kicked back in and drove normally, but still no TACH and the TCS light was on.
Got home, turned it off, and tried to turn it over. Seemed like it didn't want to turn over, but it did, like it was slower. Anyways, it happened 1 more time in town, so I went to autozone to run the code. It came up as the crank position sensor. P0336 I think it was.

I had no idea the balancer had to be pulled off., yikes!

ANYWAYS, I didn't hear from anyone in here say they resolved the issue by actually changing the CPS. I know this thread is ages old, beats starting the same thread over right?)but does anyone have any insight on this matter? smile