Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25949 - 11/09/09 05:10 PM OEM or Aftermarket Taillight Assys
pontiacmatt98 Offline
Loc: Macon, Georgia
Hey guys..Im needing a set of taillight assys since the outer casings of mine are cracked & are leaking water...What are you opinions/thoughts of the aftermarket lights as far as longevity, quality, etc vs OEMs?
#25950 - 11/09/09 06:54 PM Re: OEM or Aftermarket Taillight Assys
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
I've had my LED Taillights for awhile now and have had zero issues with them and no leaking or fogging. They are extremely bright and imho I think they are safer then OEM. The style is better then stock imo but offers a similar to stock look and doesn't offer the rice look that the Altezzas have. If you get the smoked/black LED Taillights they will look good on your black GTP. If you want best functionality w/ what I think are best looks (some don't think so) then go with LED Tails.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#25951 - 11/10/09 09:31 AM Re: OEM or Aftermarket Taillight Assys
pontiacmatt98 Offline
Loc: Macon, Georgia
yeah, I gave them a thought, but was a little skeptical about how it would "fit" (the rubber seals around the outside of the light & how they conture to the fender) as compared to OEMs..& yeah, didnt want the rice look either...the OEMs have lasted for 11 yrs- I just dont wanna have to replace them in a year or two b/c either they leaked or defected in some other way..If thats a question, then Ill spend the extra money & buy a set of OEMs from gmpartsdirect or something.....
#25952 - 11/10/09 11:53 AM Re: OEM or Aftermarket Taillight Assys
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I could got you a good deal around 24 buck ($11.99 each tail from my local junk yard) on OEM taillights set. I got few good sets out of 97-03 model taillights. I only have it few days because they was sold fast. lol

Sadly, there are no 97-03 grand prix model on my local junk yard in few months. frown
#25953 - 11/13/09 10:46 AM Re: OEM or Aftermarket Taillight Assys
Richard Candelario Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
I've had my LED Taillights for awhile now and have had zero issues...
oook, so you gonna let us know where you got these LED tails from?

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#25954 - 11/13/09 11:18 PM Re: OEM or Aftermarket Taillight Assys
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
[b] I've had my LED Taillights for awhile now and have had zero issues...
oook, so you gonna let us know where you got these LED tails from? [/b]
I know he brought it from ebay. Same way as headlight projector is from ebay too.