Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62624 - 07/10/10 12:40 PM Problem with Areoforce
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Ok I had a guy stop over the house today asking if I am selling my car. I said yes and that i'd throw in everything I had for it, stock and aftermarket stuff. Well, I had taken my Areoforce gauge out to check something on my truck (both GM).

Now today I went to install it back into my car and hooked everthing up. I started the car up and let it run a couple minutes. Then I went to shut it off, but the motor kept running. I was able to take the key out of the ignition and the motor kept running. Out of curiosity, I just pulled the plug on the OBDII for the Areoforce and everything shut off. I tried again without the Areoforce, Started it up, then shut it off and everything shutdown like it was suppose to.

So with the Areoforce installed the only way to shutdown the motor is to pull the plug on the ODBII. Any ideas as to what is causing this??? Is there a short somewhere in the wiring of the Areoforce gauge? If so, how can I check it?

Thanks guys! I hope to have this car sold soon, looking to buy a house in the near future.

#62625 - 07/10/10 01:48 PM Re: Problem with Areoforce
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Strange.
Post on their forum (or email tech support), and usually Todd (owner, I suspect) will respond to you right away.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/
#62626 - 07/10/10 07:26 PM Re: Problem with Areoforce
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Yeah I know. I was like well I guess i'll just disconnect the negative battery post. Then had a huge DUH! moment when nothing shutdown as I recollected that it's running off the alternator. At that point, I was like well let me trying pulling the plug from the Areoforce to the OBDII and suddenly it shut off.

I found it very funny when I took the keys into my dad's room and he asked, "Is is running alright?". I said, "Yep it's still out there running like a dream". His face was priceless after that. LMAO! crazy