Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133507 - 08/11/02 02:00 PM Head Unit Help....
Shag Finger Offline
Loc: Born and raised in Baltimore, ...
OK.... I finally broke down and ordered a head unit from Crutchfield.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-aHkJ8axjlA2/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=62700&I=257KDSH909&o=v&a=1

Now, on EVERY head unit listed for the GP they say that it will stick out an inch, now I know this is BS because there are a lot of you with flush mounted units. I have even heard that I need to get the mount kit for a Firebird to make it flush mount but even that says that it will stick out 1/2 inch. Crutchfield said they would ship me the Firebird mount kit last night but now they are calling me to confirm the order and wont ship until I call them back.

What I need to know before I get on the phone with them again is what exact kit should I ask for to keep this thing from sticking out an inch? I understand and accept that the back side of the face plate will be flush with the buttons and face and all that will protrude just because well it is rounded a bit. What I don't want is it to stick out to the point that you can see the chassis nor do I want it to look like its sunken into the dash in a pit.

Thanks,