Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149658 - 01/30/03 10:40 PM 58K miles and the problems just keep coming
mecgmecg Offline
Loc: Hallowell, ME
About had it with my 98 GT. Tonight I had to fix the newly discovered "ignition fan switch" problem, where the blower and auto lights won't work. Thank God I found out how to fix it on the ClubGP forum... Only cost me some time and a little skin off the knuckles... THIS TIME.

So far, in the 22 months and 16K miles I've owned this car, I've had to replace a headlight assy (plastic lens fell off while going down the road!! How STUPID is this???), a new alternator (blew out at 42K miles whilst just cruising down the road), a new tail light assy (another STUPID item where water wore off the reflective crap inside the assy. Guess it LEAKED, eh Pontiac???), the infamous water on the floor due to plugged rubber in firewall when running A/C, more water on the floor several months later and I found a rubber piece under the cowling had fallen down and was allowing rain into the blower motor area (again, STUPID!!! Design the lip UP, Pontiac, UP, NOT DOWN!!!! Then gravity won't work against the STUPID MOFO grip of the rubber on the metal!!!!! DUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!), and tonight the ignition switch...

Oh, and did I mention that my oil pan gasket is leaking...????? mad

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....