Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11744 - 08/05/03 03:47 PM Borla Exhuast
edinma Offline
Loc: MA
I just need some advice from anyone who has the Borla catback system on their GTP. I want a nice sound but not too loud (I kind of like what I heard on the internet sound website for GP exhaust)

Anyway, I have a few questions:

(1) Does Borla make only one system for the GP?

(2) If so, then why is PFYC.com at only $ 649.99 while another internet site (Performance International) offers a Borla exhaust system for $ 804.09..a big price difference..are they the same system?? (my local Meineke guy says Borla makes only one system & he can't get it for under $ 800.00)
(3) Can anyone out there tell me how they like their PFYC Borla exhaust system

I would truly appreciate any replies...I am very anxious to get this ordered soon & I just want to make sure I have all the info. before I order.

Thank you!
#11745 - 08/06/03 06:13 PM Re: Borla Exhuast
Steve Offline
Loc: Akron, Ohio
I just installed this exact system on my car in May. Yes, Borla only makes one exhaust. I got mine from PFYC and LOVE it. They just have a great price on this exhaust as I too shopped around before I purchased mine. I made a web page with video/audio check it out: Borla page . There was an "older" version of the exhaust with "intercooled" tips. I have the newest version with the "rolled" tips (which like better). Good luck!
~Steve

SLP CAI, DHP, 3.4, 180° stat, Trans cooler, Random Tech DP, Borla cat back, KYB's, bitchin' paperclip mod.
#11746 - 08/09/03 01:31 AM Re: Borla Exhuast
Eric Plent Offline
Loc: Edison, NJ
Steve - just checked out your "No Frills" site. Nice work! The Borla system sounds very nice, but I was curious about something... do you notice an increase in "drone" when moving at steady highway speeds? That was a concern that someone had voiced quite some time ago about certain aftermarket systems, and would definitely be a concern for me since I do mostly highway driving to/from work every day. If this is not a problem with the Borla, I will probably be getting one pretty soon for my 2000 GTP.

Thanks -

- E
#11747 - 08/09/03 09:25 PM Re: Borla Exhuast
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Nice site Steve, I was wondering the same thing.

I'm new to all of this so I was wondering what kind of warranty does Borla put on their exhaust? Since it's all stainless I'd think they'd put a good warranty on it. am I wrong?