Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95984 - 04/21/04 02:35 PM MAF Sensor & Coupler (Update)
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
First off, Thanks to everyone who had input, on helping me with my problems. I received my parts pretty quickly and finally got the time Saturday to put them in.

I changed the MAF sensor Original Gm part), first disconecting the battery of course. (Didn't want anything to go wrong) The hardest part was finding a tool for those two little screws.

The coupler was easier than I thought, removing the alternator first made everything easier. Once getting the nose drive off and looking at the coupler, I thought it wasn't going to be the solution because it really didn't look bad. After installing and re-assembling, I started my car and was amazed. :p

No more SES light which had been on for almost two weeks without going off and a good as new supercharger.

It feels good to hammer now that it spring time.

GTPJack

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#95985 - 04/22/04 07:10 AM Re: MAF Sensor & Coupler (Update)
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Congrats on the problem-free installs. How many miles on the car when the coupler went?
#95986 - 04/22/04 08:02 AM Re: MAF Sensor & Coupler (Update)
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
BryantGtp, 140,000 miles or so, I'm at 146k right now and this car still runs like new.

Oh yeah, I believe my car was misfiring a litlle, but the sensor took care of that, strange though how it all makes sense that my SES light would only come on periodically at first, but when the sensor really got bad, my car would want to bogg for maybe 1 second. I too have the 180 t-stat with the modified K&N intake. I read on previous threads that some people were told how it was their T-stat. confused

GTP Jack

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#95987 - 04/22/04 08:50 AM Re: MAF Sensor & Coupler (Update)
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
It's good to hear you solved the problems relatively easily. On the previous threads regarding the thermostat; in some of those cases, it was their thermostat. Check Engine lights can come on for hundreds of different reasons, but in their case, the light seemed to come on only after the colder thermostat was installed.