Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129193 - 09/27/05 04:47 PM Fully built race tranny or bust!
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
So this is just an update for all the guys that gave me such good advice back when I was trying to decide where I wanted to go with my car. Things have been pretty crazy for me and I havnt been on in a while but that is another story and I'm here now...

So, here is the update....

On october 14th I am dropping my car off in Grand Rapids Michigan at the ZZP facility to have a ZZP HD tranny installed. Along with the tranny I will be adding a 245mm tourque converter, a modified flex plate, a 2500 stall converter, a single chain gear set with 3.29 gears, and a ZZP hardened output shaft. When everything is said and done the tranny should be able to make low 12 sec passes all day long and not break a sweat. After this (and I save some more money most likely around Nov.) I will be installing the XP hot cam, along with re-tuned PCM, larger injectors, new fuel pump, and a smaller pulley, and then finally after that, very early next year I will finish it with a set of togs. I am really happy with the progress I am making on my car, and owe a lot of thanks to all the guys here for not only their knowledge, but willingness to help. So, that is about it, all and all, I guess all I really want to say is

thanks

Oh yeah, I got internet and wireless hooked up at my house last night so I guess you could say I'mmmmmmm baaaaaaack

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#129194 - 09/27/05 05:35 PM Re: Fully built race tranny or bust!
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Congrats.

We noticed you had been gone for a while.

Good luck with the car. You should get a dyno run in before you take it to ZZP.
#129195 - 09/27/05 05:57 PM Re: Fully built race tranny or bust!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
thumbsup

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#129196 - 09/27/05 06:45 PM Re: Fully built race tranny or bust!
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
Quote:
Originally posted by 4rsssfed_grandprix98:
So this is just an update for all the guys that gave me such good advice back when I was trying to decide where I wanted to go with my car. Things have been pretty crazy for me and I havnt been on in a while but that is another story and I'm here now...

So, here is the update....

On october 14th I am dropping my car off in Grand Rapids Michigan at the ZZP facility to have a ZZP HD tranny installed. Along with the tranny I will be adding a 245mm tourque converter, a modified flex plate, a 2500 stall converter, a single chain gear set with 3.29 gears, and a ZZP hardened output shaft. When everything is said and done the tranny should be able to make low 12 sec passes all day long and not break a sweat. After this (and I save some more money most likely around Nov.) I will be installing the XP hot cam, along with re-tuned PCM, larger injectors, new fuel pump, and a smaller pulley, and then finally after that, very early next year I will finish it with a set of togs. I am really happy with the progress I am making on my car, and owe a lot of thanks to all the guys here for not only their knowledge, but willingness to help. So, that is about it, all and all, I guess all I really want to say is

thanks

Oh yeah, I got internet and wireless hooked up at my house last night so I guess you could say I'mmmmmmm baaaaaaack
And that my friends, is how its done, Grand Prix style. cheers

I only hope my game plan works out like that.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#129197 - 09/28/05 10:17 AM Re: Fully built race tranny or bust!
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
That sounds awesome!

Zoomer will take care of you.

Think we'll need some before and after footage. wink
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#129198 - 09/28/05 07:53 PM Re: Fully built race tranny or bust!
ScottGTP Offline
Loc: Cambridge, ONT. CANADA
Wow, that's a dream I have for my ride. Don't we have performance tranny's a stock?
#129199 - 09/28/05 11:04 PM Re: Fully built race tranny or bust!
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Sounds like you got it goin on guy ,good choices with the trans. now you can lay down some serious HP.Chico.