Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73756 - 11/10/05 01:02 PM Low Coolant Sensor Tips
GTPHeyBaby Offline
Loc: Winston Salem, NC
Hey all...first time poster long time reader.

I have recently had a problem with my low coolant sensor tripping my dash light. It was real confusing because sometimes it was low and other times it was not. My light was on for a few days and I read many posts here (thanks again) and decided to go buy the sensor at fifty bucks...ouch. As these things seem to work, driving home from the parts store the stupid light went out (along with more of my hair).

To make a long story a little shorter I found out my radiator cap wasn't sealing and was dumping my coolant instead of putting it the overflow tank and it required a 5 dollar cap and not the sensor. thumbsup

If you do have to replace your sensor tho, I figured out that if you remove your passenger headlight it is alot easier than removing your battery as many have posted to do. You might have to loosen the battery hold down to push the battery back a little, but removing it is unnecessary.

Hope this helps.
#73757 - 11/10/05 02:25 PM Re: Low Coolant Sensor Tips
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you coolant sensor headache is over. thumbsup
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#73758 - 11/10/05 06:07 PM Re: Low Coolant Sensor Tips
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Welcome, and thanks for the tip!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.