Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44550 - 12/20/06 12:52 PM PCV Question
Biker803 Offline
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I just swapped out the old PCV in my car for a new one a few days ago. First time doing it, I assume it wasn't the first time done on my car, however. The rubber O-Ring that's supposed to be around the PCV was not there. I looked inside of the PCV area to see if it was stuck in there but did not see it. I assume the person who had the car before me either shoved it down into the engine (would that do any harm if that is what happened?) or maybe they had just lost it and did not replace it. I'm probably going to pick up another one later today, I suppose I can get something similar at Home Depot or Lowe's, right? Thanks. smile
#44551 - 12/20/06 02:23 PM Re: PCV Question
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I thought my new PCV came with the rubber seal...
#44552 - 12/20/06 03:09 PM Re: PCV Question
Biker803 Offline
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
My new one didn't come with one and my old one didn't have one at all so... I'm just pretty much asking now if it somehow did fall into the engine (which probably would have been a long time ago), is that bad, and, can I pick up another one at a Lowe's or Home Depot. Heh. I'll probably have to bring my old PCV (didn't throw it away yet) as a sample to fit a few of those rubber things on. I don't know how important they are to begin with but I had to wonder why there wasn't one in the first place with the old one I popped out.
#44553 - 12/21/06 11:42 AM Re: PCV Question
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Sometimes a new one will not come with it, you just re-use the old one... sound like the person who did it before didnt take the time to look at the seal and put the new one in without a seal, just get a new one from the auto parts store, should only be a few cents for it, lol, I wouldnt worry about the old one falling into the intake, more likely the person never put one on