Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#139467 - 03/11/07 10:47 PM raced a friends 97 cobra today
mbhgtp00 Offline
Loc: Middletown, Ohio
It was pretty fun. If anyone knows me, all i have owned is mustangs as my fun car until this GTP now. My friend got a 97 cobra a few weeks ago. Its mostly stock except a K&N filter with the air silencer removed and weld in flow masters, oh and a king cobra clutch brand new. He is learning how to get used to driving it and has done pretty well so far, this is his first nice car with power, before this he drove a 95 v6 stang auto which are terrible, i know i used to own one lol. Anyways we toyed with the idea of running ours as he hasnt really raced anyone for real yet. I knew his would beat me, i told him he better not let a 4 door v6 beat him lol. So today it was nice and we got together and went out on a street way out in the country, straight stretch with no bystanders around. Well the first race was from a dig, i was hoping he go up in smoke but he didnt and my tires, which are almost bald, just spun (yes i know poor tranny) and i left the marks he didnt lol. Anyways i held up with him until halfway through second and he started pulling away. I was hoping he miss a shift haha. Well we went again from a 15 mph roll. I usually dont race from rolls as its not real racing but we were having fun so off we went, and i stayed right on his side til halfway through third and he started pulling away decently. So yeah i got spanked, but it was fun! One day ill have another stang and hopefully a cobra of my own, but until then i gotta find some way to mod and have a daily driver at the same time so i can catch up with him! lol

*mods after run, Autolite 605s, GMPP STB w/donrome brackets
#139468 - 03/12/07 03:44 AM Re: raced a friends 97 cobra today
JPGTP Offline
Loc: Colorado Springs
I'm an intense racing fan, So the stage 2 package will keep you with him.

http://www.intense-racing.com/
#139469 - 03/12/07 07:59 PM Re: raced a friends 97 cobra today
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Eh, that's overpriced... you can buy everything you need with the exception of the valve springs and rockers from your local O'reilly Auto.

'97 SE with alot of mods