Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#99601 - 07/30/07 02:39 PM Where to Start
Rageracer Offline
Loc: Butte, MT
Hello I am new to the forums but have been searching them for a while but finally caved and decided to ask for help. I have no mods done to the car it is a 99 gt.

The car stalls at random no rhyme no reason, every once in a while it will go down to 0 rpms and the generator light will come on, it will stall and the Trac light will come on, car will restart most of the time, but the trac light will not go off until you totally turn off the ignition.

I went out to start it the other day when I was at staples and no go ended up disconnecting the maf, iac, and tps and the car started but revved at 2800, did the IAC reset and that seems to have gone away

Went out this morning and tried to start it and the car didn't seem as if the battery was very charged, kept cranking and the car finally acted as if it had a charged battery. finally ended up pulling the 40amp ign fuse and reseated and the car started and had a code p1122.

Well sorry to post so long for a first post, but any help in this would be great. I have replaced the IAC, and am going to order a new throttle body since I broke one of the IAC screws
#99602 - 07/30/07 03:22 PM Re: Where to Start
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Sounds like a fuel problem to me if it's stalling. Have you tested the fuel pressure and can you hear the FP prime when you try to start the car after it stalls?

'97 SE with alot of mods
#99603 - 07/30/07 04:08 PM Re: Where to Start
Rageracer Offline
Loc: Butte, MT
I have not listened for that i just think it is weird that in the past I have also gotten the TCC int. low voltage code also, I was leaning towards the alternator, and or the battery since all of the codes have been low voltage codes. I think I am going to try the fuel filter since who knows if it ever has been changed and the car has 75k on it, I have a snap on scanner so if anyone can help me with parameters as far as which ones to check that would be awesome