Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84303 - 11/21/07 05:10 PM camber bolts question
derxrip98 Offline
Loc: Delaware, Ohio
recently i had the stock camber bolts replaced with ones that give more adjustment due to really negative camber when you lower your car. i bought them through www.rockauto.com . well the kits came with instructions to replace the top bolt. mechanic followed instructions, all is cool or so i thought. so then i took gp to goodyear straight away for an alignment (also b/c left axle replaced) and they tell me that the mechanic put them in wrong. they needed to replace the bottom bolt not the top one. they gave me some printout showing that to be the case. so who is right and who is wrong? or does it not matter either way since they were able to align just fine? goodyear said they were able to adjust and align just fine but that it could be a pain in the future. do i go back and have the mechanic switch them?
#84304 - 11/21/07 05:59 PM Re: camber bolts question
Digitallyphoenix Offline
Loc: Daytona beach, Fl
if you have the mech switch them you will have to realine....

as for being on top or bottom either way works...

only issues with having them on top would be if the tire ends up leaning too close to the shock... but we have plenty of clearance and its not like we need to run a tire any wider then 235-245 on these cars except for front... for drag radials or such...

96 Z34 (3.4L DOHC RIP PB 14.81@92.2): www.cardomain.com/id/z34phoenix
L36 swap SD header, 2.5" exhaust, HV3, PowrTuner, Wideband, topswap w/ ported heads to be installed
#84305 - 11/21/07 06:42 PM Re: camber bolts question
derxrip98 Offline
Loc: Delaware, Ohio
awesome. thanks for the info, digital. i guess i leave them be.