Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32438 - 02/04/08 01:01 AM Well I found the problem to the coolant leak issue I was having for a while.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well I finally got in touch with the mechanic and he look at it and said the radiator needs to be replaced. He said where the radiator meets with some plastic piece has separated which is a design flaw from GM on these cars. Thanks alot GM but he he his charging me 393.00 which include some gasket and fill the coolant up and chance all the radiator hoses. does that sound like a good deal.

So for the time being I use bar leaks for the coolant until I can get it fix which won't be until like a month from now at the most.
#32439 - 02/04/08 06:57 AM Re: Well I found the problem to the coolant leak issue I was having for a while.
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
It's not a good deal. A radiator will run you around $200 (that is what my oversized on cost), hoses are about $10 each. I'd advise doing it yourself. It's so simple, you don't really need someone else to do it. Allow about 2hrs for a novice.

You basically unbolt the hold downs at the upper edges, unplug the radiator fans, remove the hoses and it all comes out the top. Then just remove the radiator fans and swap them and the brackets to the new radiator. Then drop back in.
#32440 - 02/04/08 03:40 PM Re: Well I found the problem to the coolant leak issue I was having for a while.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
$400 for some one to swap a radiator? Sounds like the going rate when you add in the markup on the parts, the labor and fluids plus the trouble shooting.

But like Rook said you can get a better radiator and do it yourself for much cheaper.
#32441 - 02/04/08 10:53 PM Re: Well I found the problem to the coolant leak issue I was having for a while.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Okay, I thought that was a little too much, thanks. But I'm still going to look around for some more prices before I try to tackle something like this myself. I never did a radiator before, are there any instructions to this, step by step maybe.
#32442 - 02/05/08 06:52 AM Re: Well I found the problem to the coolant leak issue I was having for a while.
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
they arnt to bad i had to do it when i took out my ac condensor