Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23575 - 01/29/09 12:33 AM Fog light bulb
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I was switching out my old foglights for new ones and one of the fog light bulb fell inside the foglight housing thing. How do I take the whole foglight unit out, I tried to look under there but its dark outside and cold. Is it easy to do?
#23576 - 01/29/09 12:57 AM Re: Fog light bulb
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Yes, it is very easy to do. All you have to remove 2 nut/bolt (not remember which one) out and oh don't forget unhooked the wire out too. wink

I use my car on lift ramp to more room to work on it. I'm big guy. I don't know if you are.
#23577 - 01/29/09 01:31 AM Re: Fog light bulb
Dre da GP man Offline
Okay, thats good to hear that its easy. Yea Im sort of a big guy. 230lbs at 6ft.
#23578 - 01/29/09 01:45 AM Re: Fog light bulb
palsut Offline
I used be 255lbs at 5'9" working on that last year. Maybe you should be fine wink

Oh I also put thin rag on bottom of fog light so I don't want scratches my front bumper paint if you want it neat. When you removed 2 nuts/bolts. Fog light will fall on bumper paint little bit.
#23579 - 01/29/09 02:22 AM Re: Fog light bulb
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
palsut is right, this is very easy to do. if you have ramps they will work fine or jack the front.

Two 10mm nuts hold the assembly in place and it comes right out the front.
I went with a much brighter set of lights from Autozone. Pilots I think they were...just bolted the brackets to the factory units (had to drill two holes) Then had to put connectors so I could unplug them later but I'm much happier with the brighter light and metal housings instead of plastic that wont melt.(plus better lenses that arent fogging up as plastic is apt to do)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#23580 - 01/29/09 03:28 AM Re: Fog light bulb
Dre da GP man Offline
Well palsut, my front bumper is already in need of a repaint because of bugs, rock chips, people trying to steal my license plate and ect.

I don't have no ramps, but I have a hydralic jack that I use for everything.

TBAT, I always been interested in buying some new foglights but I want something to just bolt straight in the factory holes, no modifications or wirings. Are there any products out there like this?
#23581 - 01/29/09 09:50 AM Re: Fog light bulb
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
x2 where did you get them

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#23582 - 01/29/09 11:21 AM Re: Fog light bulb
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Why do you want new fogs? You can get stockers from Morad, or you could go with some aftermarket ones.
#23583 - 01/29/09 12:04 PM Re: Fog light bulb
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
notontopic

I can not use ramps for my car, the front bumper is waaaayyyy to low. How do you guys use the ramps? A floor jack bearly has enough clearance to get under there.
#23584 - 01/29/09 12:06 PM Re: Fog light bulb
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
notontopic

I can not use ramps for my car, the front bumper is waaaayyyy to low. How do you guys use the ramps? A floor jack bearly has enough clearance to get under there.
I can't use them either.
#23585 - 01/29/09 12:21 PM Re: Fog light bulb
palsut Offline
I used own yellow metal ramp but it is too big for my car after I got her in 2004. I just like suck for me. How can I use it. I went to Auto Zome and found "rhino ramp". It is really work. I use them for change my oil all the times. No scratches or touch on my front bumper.

You can find them on walmart, meijer, and auto zone. That's how I saw them. Not sure about other store.

They have black or silver. I use silver because my car is silver duh lol

http://www.rhinoramps.com/
#23586 - 01/29/09 10:21 PM Re: Fog light bulb
Dre da GP man Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Why do you want new fogs? You can get stockers from Morad, or you could go with some aftermarket ones.
I want new foglights because the ones on my car now are real cloudy and I figure since Im trying to replace them, why not get some new ones while Im at it. I want new stock foglights but I'm willing to upgrade to an aftermarket foglights if I don't have to do no wiring or cut/drill anything.
#23587 - 01/30/09 06:17 AM Re: Fog light bulb
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Dre da GP man:
I'm willing to upgrade to an aftermarket foglights if I don't have to do no wiring or cut/drill anything.
x2
#23588 - 01/30/09 06:46 AM Re: Fog light bulb
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Then you probably don't want aftermarkets, there is a little work involved in getting them working (not too bad). The advantage is far superior output.
#23589 - 01/30/09 10:44 AM Re: Fog light bulb
GrandBoost98 Offline
Loc: CT
to use ramps you need like 6' pieces of 2x6 leading up to the ramps.

i learned the hard way when a tow truck came with a flat bed and almost tore off my bumper
1998 GP GTP K&N ram air intake, v1.0 pcm, 3" DP, stainless steel Borla cat back, 8.8 wires, 104 spark plugs, 180* T-stat, MPS 3.5, F-body brake kit, KYB AGXs on SSCs, anti pogos, front sway bar and strut tower bar, rear sway bar, solid trans/bottom engine mount, short dog bones w/ poly mounts, alt rewire, rebuilt tranny, pioneer stereo