Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11353 - 08/23/09 10:52 PM create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Some of you know I got my car back last week with new engine look.

Do you think I should polish throttle body bracket (red circle), abs bracket (green circle) and cruise control bracket (yellow circle)?

About interior look. My orignal plan was dye leather dashboard and door panel black but I decide change my mind after I installed my new black carpet. It does look good so I drop dye them black. If I dye them leather dashboard black then my plan was paint silver for dash cover with alarm light and night light sensor. Luckly, dash cover is not paint yet but I already got alarm light & night light sensor painted. Since I have extra free alarm light & night light sensor factory look from junk yard if it is ugly. Keep silver or just put factory look back?

There is mine look right now. I will plan dashboard with a/c vent paint silver. It is too big for shipping for paint it so it will be next year.

Should I paint big shift area to match my new black carpet kind like black/silver theme?
See example of someone's car already done that.

About door piller. Should I paint as silver or leave it alone?

The engine and interior project are really almost finish. thumbsup
#11354 - 08/23/09 10:57 PM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Leave the interior alone ,as for the engine you have enough polished you need a colour to contrast and give it some boom.Take a look through some hot rod mags and get some ideas.Chico(pops)
#11355 - 08/23/09 10:57 PM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
I think you should leave rear door alone, as for the solid center shift area I would leave it 2 Tone.

I think you should have your alternator polished.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#11356 - 08/23/09 11:15 PM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
The Guz Offline
Loc: Lawndale, CA
I would paint the dash silver to flow with the console piece. That is all I would do for the interior. I think black for the brackets looks fine. There is no need to draw attention to those pieces.
#11357 - 08/24/09 01:39 AM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
mezzoni28 Offline
Loc: Milford, CT
having the interior both black and silver does add a real nice touch its unique and looks good
#11358 - 08/24/09 08:53 AM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
Igor Offline
Loc: Columbia/College Park, MD
x2 on the alternator.

Do you have any plans on gauges? Also, do you have a vent missing?
#11359 - 08/24/09 10:55 AM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
macus1305 Offline
Loc: mass
center console would look good all silver
#11360 - 08/24/09 12:16 PM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
jlindahl2571 Offline
Loc: Massachusetts
I'd say leave the interior alone except for the silver dash piece.

And for the engine I'd say polish the throttle body bracket and leave the other two alone..only cuz the tb bracket is very close to the middle and wouldn't really draw any attention away like polishing the abs and cc brackets.
#11361 - 08/24/09 12:55 PM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Igor:

Do you have any plans on gauges?
lol. To look like a ricer?
#11362 - 08/24/09 01:03 PM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Nice I really like your car.
#11363 - 08/25/09 11:02 AM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
palsut Offline
Thank for feedback guys.

Okay, I will leave door piller and big shift area alone. I will get dashboard with a/c vent paint silver. I will see how it look like with stock factory big shift color. Reason why I want paint it as silver because I have black carpet where big shift sit & of course flow up to silver dashboard kind like match. I finally find good shape big box from my work in trash can. So I will remove dashboard and ship it out for paint. laugh

I knew that I have missing a/c vent. I actually plan remove a/c vents for easy paint job for FLIP (gpona) but some of them cover it. I took it off for nothing lol... I will put it back. It is sitting on my living room.

While all my engine parts went to polish guy. I didn't choose polish alternator because I thought it is waste if it is dead for nothing. Until he told me it can take apart for polish from dead part to new part. I will do that when I storage my car in winter season.

No plan for gauges but I don't know lot of them. I guess it doesn't matter because I don't really need it I think... Corey think it is ricer then I guess he is right.

I have a new ABS bracket because mine is very deep rusty. I guess I will leave ABS & Cruise Control alone for now. About throttle body... maybe leave the black bracket only then add chrome plated bolts on top of bracket?
#11364 - 09/05/09 11:44 PM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
palsut Offline
Got spare alternator out of 2002 Chevy Impala with 3400 engine for $9.99 (labor sale cut 10 buck off) yesterday. Sweet deal! It is little different alternator but as long it has same alternator bracket and wire between 3100/3400 engine. I went to auto store and get free alternator test. It was passed so I'm very glad to got a good part. I just put junk yard alternator on my car and ready to get my alternator polish. laugh

I grab some free clean strut nuts. Mine is really rusty bad.

I also grab 2 STB for 15 buck out of 2 Buick Regal. Maybe plan to use on my winter car or sell it to someone either.

Since I have STB & dogbone/engine mount paint as galaxy silver color. Do you think I should get that engine mount/dog bone/stb as chrome plated "shiny" look to match my engine look? What should I do with that painted parts? I will move it to my winter car if I'm going to change new shiny look parts.

Oh, I will use both engine brackets as chrome plated. Reason why? Nasty rusty look

list of plan
polish alternator
chrome plated engine brackets
**dogbone with engine mounts
** STB (front only since rear STB is never noticed)

** still undecide if to keep galaxy silver color or use chrome plated look.

That's all for now. The engine is really look great! I'm really happy with that engine project. This car feel like young again because everything look like brand-new. lol
#11365 - 09/06/09 10:29 AM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
ordonez1307 Offline
Do you have someone around you that does chrome plating? I can't find anyone around here that does it.
#11366 - 09/06/09 11:22 AM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
palsut Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Do you have someone around you that does chrome plating? I can't find anyone around here that does it.
Not around me so I ship my engine parts to GR8racingfool for good price. It turn out pretty good. I'm pretty happy with that.

His user name is GR8racingfool from www.gpona.com and real name is Jason F. I know you don't use that site so there is his email address if you want to talk to him for whatever you want to chrome plating. GR8racingfool@yahoo.com

I remember he used be in clubgp.com but someone mentioned that he was banned. No idea what is about but I don't have any problem doing business with him at gpona site.

There is vender gpona site. There are ton of polish and chrome plating engine parts pictures of 3800 engine.
http://www.gpona.com/forums/gr8racingfool-f54.html

Keep that mind my car engine is different than your. The price could be different because your engine is bigger than mine. wink

That's all I have him for polish & chrome plating. If it wasn't him then I never done that for sure. He is really cool dude. I'm sure you will like him. laugh
#11367 - 09/06/09 01:31 PM Re: create some idea for interior & engine look (56k)
ordonez1307 Offline
Yeah, I know that Farns does it, and I've done business with him in the past, it just sucks to ship some of the stuff I want done. He was banned for some really stupid reasons (vendor money).