Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123876 - 11/10/09 06:05 PM Palsut Seat Question
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Palsut I'm wondering about those seats you have in your summer car.

How much did you end up paying for them and what did you do to install them? I'm looking into new seats but just need some more info to see if its something I really want to do.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#123877 - 11/10/09 06:25 PM Re: Palsut Seat Question
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Morad got that 04+ leather seat set price for $400 + shipping. Since I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. It is 4 hours drive to Cleveland, Ohio where Morad's warehouse is.

I offer them for 300 buck cash + pick up. They accept my offer.

I have my link saved bookmark for my own write up but I'm on lunch break (night shift) from work right now. I will give you link from bookmark later tonight when I'm home. It is really easy install job. Probably take 30 minute to hour to do that but mine is worse than that because I have new carpet color to work on that lol
#123878 - 11/11/09 12:21 AM Re: Palsut Seat Question
palsut Offline
1. I would start remove back seat first to allow me remove both seats easy later. So I removed the beach seat (sit on). No tool need since it is snap on.
2. I removed 2 nuts (bottom of back seat) that hold back seat (sit back) and pull up that it has 4 tabs from rear metal. You won't need nuts anymore.
3. I removed 2 plastic cover on bottom of front pass. seat.
4. I removed 2 bolts on bottom of rear pass seat.
5. Remove pass. seat belt that connect from car
6. Take pass. seat out
7. Repeat same step (3, 4, 5, and 6) as for driver seat but just remove wire for power seat and selt belt (warning light). Since I have cloth seat. You might have more wire for heat seat if you own leather seat.
8. Take driver seat out. (mostly easy way to take both front seats out in rear door because I have big room.
9. I removed metal bracket that support old back seat. It is 5 bolts. Keep that because you will need them for new seat.
10. I install back seat (sit back). I use 5 bolts as step 9
11. I install pass front seat. I use 2 bolts that I removed from step 4
12. same step 11 for driver seat too
13. I put back seat (sit on) to let metal clip go into hole of car frame.
14. make wire connect from 04+ leather seat to the car.

That's pretty much for writeup.

There is picture of writeup. Pretty old thread from last year.
http://www.gpona.com/forums/04-leather-seats-on-97-03-model-review-56k-t8965s50.html
#123879 - 11/12/09 05:27 PM Re: Palsut Seat Question
jlindahl2571 Offline
Loc: Massachusetts
I bet there's no way to do this to a coupe huh?
#123880 - 11/12/09 06:55 PM Re: Palsut Seat Question
palsut Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by jlindahl2571:
I bet there's no way to do this to a coupe huh?
Actually, it can be done. I know 2 clubgp members already done that on their coupe. I know 97-03 model use seat flip backward to let people go to backseat. I think driver side won't work but 04+ have "fold" down pass seat which it should let people enter backseat. I'm sure they both don't care and don't let their friends ride on their car like I do. I don't let them ride on my car lol
#123881 - 11/12/09 10:37 PM Re: Palsut Seat Question
BLEWGTP Offline
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
i have the same seats in my 03 and i love them...the new rear seats fold down and increase the cargo capacity immensely, and the front passenger folds flat which is nice if you need even more room..not to mention they give much better support