Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213907 - 05/25/11 12:12 PM Trans Thump?
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
I mentioned a thump in my brake caliper thread (rebuilding the caliper worked fine) but I've determined it has nothing to do with my brakes. The thump seems very odd for me and I think I know the culprit but I want to get some opinions.

What happens is that when I accelerate everything is fine. No problems at all. The car doesn't jump around or anything even when braking. What is happening is that when decelerating I will sometimes get a thump. This happens both when braking and just idling down. I haven't had too much testing of when exactly it happens due to cruise control on the highways but it seems like this happens along with the trans changing gears.

If you have any ideas why let me know. My first guess is something you wouldn't expect in that my front driver side dogbone decided it wanted to remove one of its bolts all by itself for some reason and I'm hoping the sound is just the engine moving around a bit.
#213910 - 05/25/11 03:10 PM Re: Trans Thump? [Re: Kirmie]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
If the mount isn't attached then the motor will move around. One dog bone is not enough.