Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#217144 - 01/22/12 06:54 PM Rebuld engine/ get used engine or fix current engine?
00 GT - Night Train Offline
Loc: Augusta , Ga
I currently have 165,000 miles on my current engine. I need a tune up and will have to replace my lifters. I could probably do some top end work and will fix those problems. I could send my heads to machine shop to have them check.
There is a place in SC that i can prob get a used complete engine for about $600.
Rebuilding could be dont but will take longer.
Any suggestions?
#217146 - 01/22/12 07:32 PM Re: Rebuld engine/ get used engine or fix current engine? [Re: 00 GT - Night Train]
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Are you sure that you have to replace the lifters? That is a pretty uncommon failure and generally isn't considered a "tune up" item.

Also, why do you want to replace the motor? 165k on these is nothing.

Edit: I think I (and others on the board) already took time to answer your lifter problems earlier. Unless something changed that was pretty serious, why are you posting again without trying the solutions given?

Edited by ordonez1307 (01/22/12 07:33 PM)
#217147 - 01/22/12 10:28 PM Re: Rebuld engine/ get used engine or fix current engine? [Re: ordonez1307]
00 GT - Night Train Offline
Loc: Augusta , Ga
Originally Posted By: ordonez1307
Are you sure that you have to replace the lifters? That is a pretty uncommon failure and generally isn't considered a "tune up" item.

Also, why do you want to replace the motor? 165k on these is nothing.

Edit: I think I (and others on the board) already took time to answer your lifter problems earlier. Unless something changed that was pretty serious, why are you posting again without trying the solutions given?

Am not sure about the lifters. I have used lucas oil and gtx 10w30. it still was ticking.
i wasnt trying seem like i am wasnt going to try anything you guys told me and wasnt reposting the same question.
I should have requestion my question.
As far as replacing the motor i thought it would be best.