Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#218996 - 01/14/13 08:00 PM lower intake manifold question
Boilermaker25 Offline
Loc: Greenville SC
I am about to replace my LIM gaskets and was wondering if there are any tips you fellows have to offer and any spare gaskets I should have on hand. And is there anything that you guys would recommend I should do while I have the intake out other than valve cover gaskets because I already plan to do that..... by the way in on a 2000 gtp
#218998 - 01/15/13 09:07 AM Re: lower intake manifold question [Re: Boilermaker25]
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Injector o-rings, new plastic coolant elbows, thermostat and gasket, supercharger gasket and those 2 o-rings that should come with it.

You won't need to remove the TB from the blower so don't need a gasket for that.
#219031 - 02/15/13 09:57 PM Re: lower intake manifold question [Re: Boilermaker25]
Extracheeze Offline
If I were you, I would get the aluminum coolant elbows from ZZP or other supplier of your preference. Last July I had my LIM gaskets done. Wednesday one of the brand new (in July) coolant elbows cracked and blew all the coolant out, mostly all over the inside of the engine compartment so I got a real nice mess to clean up as soon as I get it put back together tomorrow. You put that plastic junk back in there and you will be tearing it apart again before you know it. Mine is sitting in the driveway torn apart right now, as I ran out of daylight.
I did take the opportunity to make a couple extra changes, like a brand new 3.4 inch SC pulley, a 180* thermostat, two new SC idler pulleys and new SC tensioner pulley since all three had a bit of a wobble when I took the belt off. The water pump pulley has a nearly imperceptible wobble, so I went and purchased a water pump too, as I do not want to tear it all apart again in the near future when the water pump goes bad.

Edited by Extracheeze (02/15/13 10:17 PM)
#219032 - 02/15/13 10:50 PM Re: lower intake manifold question [Re: Boilermaker25]
Boilermaker25 Offline
Loc: Greenville SC
Yeah I have seen those aluminum elbows on zzp but haven't seen or heard from anyone that has used any of them. Let me know how they work out and how they actually fit.