Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152518 - 07/02/03 03:56 PM GM Accessories Exhaust Tips (with photos!)
Cliff Cherry Offline
Loc: Caldwell, NJ
Here's the GM Accessories Tips on the Oogilie, which got installed today.

I also threw in bonus coverage of my first mishap :rolleyes: : pulling out of my spot from the dealers, I thought I had enough room to clear the Deville in front of me, but I did not blush because I'd want to know about it if it was my car that was hit. He said if the Caddy owner mentioned it they would contact me.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/236435/001_0001.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/236435/001_0004.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/236435/001_0002.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/236435/001_0003.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/236435/001_0005.JPG

Just checkin' in periodically :-D
#152519 - 07/03/03 12:07 AM Re: GM Accessories Exhaust Tips (with photos!)
04compGTP Offline
Loc: Richmond BC CANADA
access denied Cliff ????
#152520 - 07/03/03 07:32 AM Re: GM Accessories Exhaust Tips (with photos!)
Cliff Cherry Offline
Sorry 04compGTP, I'm having some trouble with these villagephotos links usa weekend.

#152521 - 07/03/03 07:46 AM Re: GM Accessories Exhaust Tips (with photos!)
midlifecrisis Offline
Loc: new jersey
And you're a Ricky Craven fan?

Sweet tips - I've got to get mine. When are you getting the bigger spoiler and grills? wink

I'll certainly know you when I see you on the road in NJ!
#152522 - 07/03/03 08:13 AM Re: GM Accessories Exhaust Tips (with photos!)
Cliff Cherry Offline
MLC, are you able to access the photos from here? 04compGTP apparently wasn't and I'm not sure if it's a villagephotos.com problem or a problem at this site.

And while I respect and admire Ricky Craven for his driving talent and perserverance, the magnet is on the car only because he drives a mostly orange Grand Prix. The magnet would still be there if Scott Pruett was still driving the 32, for instance.

No grills or spoiler for me. The tips were the only accessory I though that much better looking than stock.

Hope to see you in your OO on the road soon cheers !

#152523 - 07/04/03 09:08 PM Re: GM Accessories Exhaust Tips (with photos!)
Wayne Wilson Offline
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Cherry:
MLC, are you able to access the photos from here?
I had no problem viewing your pics.

I've been waiting to get my tips, dealer 'says' he's having trouble getting them...although he has the grill inserts and the spoiler upgrade isn't available yet.

I didn't like the grill inserts I saw in the showroom, but I do want the tips and the spoiler.

What I can't wait for is for someone to start making aftermarket hoods for it. When I do get around to throwing on a cold air intake next spring, I'd rather have the functional hood vents facilitating it rather than digging a hole in my fender...
#152524 - 07/07/03 12:55 PM Re: GM Accessories Exhaust Tips (with photos!)
midlifecrisis Offline
Loc: new jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Cherry:
And while I respect and admire Ricky Craven for his driving talent and perserverance, the magnet is on the car only because he drives a mostly orange Grand Prix. The magnet would still be there if Scott Pruett was still driving the 32, for instance.
Bummer for you he wasn't able to retain his ride from the 2001 season. Although he was able to pilot the Target car at Sonoma 3 weeks ago, but only to a 34th place finish. Interesting to see if he is at Watkins Glen in August....
#152525 - 07/07/03 06:48 PM Re: GM Accessories Exhaust Tips (with photos!)
Cliff Cherry Offline
MLC, I'm sure Pruett will be at The Glen.

Actually, in re-reading my post about Ricky Craven, I sound kind of harsh towards him. I actually am a fan of his, for all he's been through and how he has been able to succeed. Plus the guys from New England at the northeast racing forum I'm involved in would excommunicate me if I said anything against him hammer . I'm very happy he's associated with Pontiac, and especially that he drives the (mostly) orange Tide Pontiac.

The point I was making though, is that I put the sticker on because of the (mostly) orange Tide Pontiac, not because Ricky Craven drives it. No matter who drives the car, I'm showing support (association) with the orange Pontiac.

BTW, my wife is a big Jeff Gordon fan, and also likes Michael Waltrip, but I'm not particular to any one driver. I root based on situation, like Saturday I thought it would be cool if Biffle could pull off the gas-mileage win, and didn't want to see Labonte overtake him since the 18 had won many times before (now if Gibbs still ran Pontiacs, I'd have been pulling for Labonte). If the gas mileage hadn't become a factor, I would have rooted for Mikey to make it 3 in a row. It's still interesting to me even though I don't "live and die" with one driver.

Who's your favorite, if you have one?