Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152867 - 02/11/06 06:31 PM Hypertech III Engine Performance tool
lpguy76 Offline
Loc: Arlington, TX
Hello all,
I am new to the sight and a new GPT owner. I am looking at the Hypertech tool to use on my car and was wondering if anyone had the pros and cons of this? Thanks in advance for any and all advice available. confused
#152868 - 02/11/06 06:36 PM Re: Hypertech III Engine Performance tool
lpguy76 Offline
Loc: Arlington, TX
Also, does anyone know if the enhancements would void my factory warranty? Thanks again.
#152869 - 02/22/06 09:35 AM Re: Hypertech III Engine Performance tool
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Warranty like anything else is really up to whether the service writer is an ass or not. Some will void warranty for anything even stuff unrelated to the modifications (if your door handles break off they blame the supercharger pully).

I don't have any experience with particular mod - most here use the HP Tuner or DHP Programmer but those are probably a bit more advanced than you need.

Depending on the price of your Hypertech, you can always buy an aftermarket PCM (such as from PFYC) and swap them back and forth when you need to take the car in for service. It only takes 5-10 minutes to swap them in and out with a screwdriver and you dont have to worry about the service writer voiding your warranty. Especially if you currently have low miles or a long aftermarket warranty.

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP